Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 03:29 PM

8 posts, read 5,600 times

Advertisements

Responding to Born to Roll. Yes, the cities you recommended are my first preferences Gainsville was my #1 at first but after I went on few other platform sites read reviews and they make it seems like Gainsville has lots of violence... not sure if true or not. If anyone can clarify would be great? I would of rather go to Gainsville since it's closer to Atlanta but after hearing the negative I was disappointed. So Columbus now becomes my #1 place of interest. Base on the Georgia map it seems like Gainsville is closer to the NE near the mountains and Tennessee.

In some of the areas, you referred to I heard of them upon doing research. Yeah, I am not so much into the Urban areas I'm too old now haha... but I'm going to look into these other ones you list Lithia Springs, Fairburn, Stockbridge, Conyers, and Covington.

I see all the other list of places you referred to didn't know I have so many options to chose from and didn't know so many Metro areas in Georgia. I thought Atlanta was the only Metro or popular attraction. I will do some more research on them.
I appreciate thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 03:43 PM

Yes, lorilove thank you!
I realized I've posted in the wrong location I'm new to City data was trying to figure out using this platform.

It doesn't seem like there are many Pentecostal churches in GA but it doesn't really matter if it's baptist or pentecostal just as long it's the same Christian religion and I have been to many baptist churches before in NYC and I enjoy just the same.
Another post also refers to Douglasville, Austell for an apartment. After doing my research I later found out Columbus is not an Atlanta suburb and is a decent car ride to get there but I do like the vibe of Columbus though based on my research. I'm sticking to it along with Gainsville, Warner Robin with more time I will make the final decision. Thank you!

Old 01-28-2021, 03:46 PM

Responding to Fountain-of-Youth.
Are you referring to Central GA such as (Augusta, Athens, and Macon)? I'm not feeling Macon every google search shows negatively would rather stay away from there. I'm somewhat feeling Athens but I am not sure if there is more for the college crowd youngsters because every review emphasizes colleges and students? Is Athens a regular city for mature age people to live in or it is more for a college lifestyle? After doing my research I narrowed down my preferences to (Columbus, Warner Robin, Augusta, Gainsville). Do you have any suggestions about some of the nicest towns to live in Columbus? Thank you!

Old 01-28-2021, 03:48 PM

For Columbusboy8.
I must say Columbus is my #1 on the list, it seems to me it's similar to the Atlanta area and there's as much to do there. I've gone on multiples apartment finders seen good-looking updated apartments with many amenities for under $750 and the reviews sound like it's a diverse place with much to do. The metros of Atlanta will also be great but from what I heard my price range may not get me an updated type of apartment. I'm going to check out the links you send. Thanks a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA