Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 06:07 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
In Chicago, people use the CTA more than Atlantans use MARTA. But certain stops on MARTA (Lindbergh Center, Midtown, and maybe Peachtree Center) get tons of people who use MARTA for various reasons and could use some print ads there.

Also, a billboard somewhere along I-20 or the I-75/85 junction could also be fruitful too!

Thanks for the recommendation on Indigo Hotel. I'll check that out next time I'm in the area. I definitely want to go back to Columbus to see a few things downtown, and check out the Lunch Box Museum.

I also want to cross the border to Phenix City, as I liked the movie about it (which I think was based on a true story) that was made a while back.

A note about the Joshua Bell concert, he is American but performed with an ensemble from the U.K., and he mentioned in another concert in West Palm Beach a few weeks later that he and the group really enjoyed doing the show in Columbus and the folks from the UK really got a kick out of going to Alabama, as that is not an state where they usually get to visit as they tend to perform mostly in places like NY, Miami, and the like. I think they'll try to do more performances in places like Columbus because he really seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks for your ad suggestions. The Lunch Box Museum is unique and definitely worth a visit. In my previous posts I've provided a LONG list of the many things to see and do in Columbus. Here it is for your convenience. For a city our size, Columbus has museums comparable to museums in much larger cities. Generally free, or a nominal charge, but well worth it!

Please feel free to store this information on your devices for quick reference and sharing with others!

www.visitcolumbusga.com

www.alwaysuptown.com

www.36hoursincolumbus.com

www.nationalinfantrymuseum.com (Rated Number 1, again, by USA Today readers as the Best free museum in America!)

www.portcolumbus.org (Ask about ghost sightings!)

www.westville.org

www.flycolumbusga.com (Welcome American Airlines!)

https://www.libertycolumbusga.org/

Carson McCullers Center for Writers and Musicians - Columbus State University

The River Market Antiques & Columbus Collective Museums - Located in Columbus, Georgia, The River Market Antiques is home to that rare piece for your collection.

https://parks.columbusga.gov/Parks/MA-Rainey-Home

www.columbusbotanicalgarden.com (Always beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing)

www.columbusmuseum.com

www.oxbow.columbusstate.edu

www.ccssc.org

Enjoy our city!

Neat info about Joshua Bell and the UK ensemble enjoying playing Columbus!

Yes, the Phenix City Story is based on the Phenix City of the early 1950's. A very wild and dangerous party town mainly catering to soldiers wanting to have fun!! You can only imagine!

Summer weekends in UpTown (downtown) Columbus have a great vibe! Don't forget the whitewater course. Staying anywhere in Uptown means you only have to park your car once all weekend because so much is within walking distance!

The RiverCenter's 2022-2023 performance schedule came out today. Check it out. www.rivercenter.org

Last edited by columbusboy8; 07-05-2022 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 05:26 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,160,062 times

The move is described as moving from uptown,to moving into the heart of downtown.

Old 08-25-2022, 09:36 PM

Old 08-26-2022, 07:13 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Has an opening date been revealed?

Old 08-26-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Has an opening date been revealed?
Fall

Old 10-20-2022, 05:40 PM

Really disappointed so far with there being no new tenants.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Really disappointed so far with there being no new tenants.
They just announced two new ones.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
They just announced two new ones.
Those two tenants was already downtown.

Old 10-22-2022, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Those two tenants was already downtown.
Cleaver & Cork is brand new. The other two announcements are expansions from existing locations. Nonic now has a free standing restaurant with a rooftop. This project is still early and will fill up fast. Chris Woodruff knows what he is doing.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:48 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,851,064 times
Agreed. This project will be great success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA