Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 05:57 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColGaMan View Post
Awesome!! We need to ensure there is continual advertisement and marketing and we rally behind our airport to make this sustainable!! Market this to Ft Benning who have a constant influx of visiting families and incoming new personnel to utilize it! Also we need to regionalize and draw folks in from through out the area Auburn/Opelika etc..get them off the road going to ATL and get them to come through here when possible..if more flight services open up it will be even better!!
I tried sending the following to the airport folks on their "Contact" form: www.flycolumbusga.com
but it failed to go through.

AWESOME NEWS!! It's very exciting, indeed, to see American Airlines coming back into the Columbus market! I encourage you to see the positive comments on city-data.com
//www.city-data.com/forum/colum...ts-dallas.html Please view these comments and pass them along! I like the idea of marketing these new flights in advance through newspaper, and billboard, advertising! ESPECIALLY billboards at or near Groome Transportation! Also on I-85 North & South bound, where possible. And definitely at Ft. Benning and Auburn-Opelika! It pays to advertise! Also working closely with Aflac, Synovus, Total Systems, W.C. Bradley, Salt Life, etc. Thanks for all your efforts to bring American back. Charlotte and Dallas-Fort Worth (again!). Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 06:52 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
This is great news and just what Columbus needs.

This isn't much about directly flying to Charlotte or Dallas, rather it is about the connecting flights and hubs on AA. From Atlanta, Dallas, and Charlotte you can pretty much get anywhere domestically with a short connection.

Columbus will now have 2 large hub airlines as competing airlines. This should help keep ticket prices lower. This is what this news really means for Columbus, competitive options.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
This is great news and just what Columbus needs.

This isn't much about directly flying to Charlotte or Dallas, rather it is about the connecting flights and hubs on AA. From Atlanta, Dallas, and Charlotte you can pretty much get anywhere domestically with a short connection.

Columbus will now have 2 large hub airlines as competing airlines. This should help keep ticket prices lower. This is what this news really means for Columbus, competitive options.
Competitive options, indeed! ANYTHING to bypass ATL for me! Flying out of Columbus is very convenient, hassle-free, and your bag gets checked to its final destination! What has always amazed me is the business Delta has lost over the years by not having directs out of Columbus to DC, BWI, Chicago, NYC, Orlando, etc. I'm sure many of the folks who Groomed it to Atlanta flew carriers other than Delta once they arrived in Atlanta! I now fully expect Delta to re-evaluate adding a direct to one or more of those cities before American beats them to it. Now it's up to citizens in our metro area to support CSG! There is no need for BIG jets! The real need is to have more frequent flight options!

Old 04-29-2021, 11:03 PM

967 posts, read 1,073,764 times
Awesome to hear! I've been waiting to hear this and to think we though this wasn't going to happen :-) Let's hope the competition helps ticket prices.

Agreed also on the advertising. I've heard at times flying out of Columbus was cheaper than Groome. It think if they made it a point to undercut Groome even for just a few flights and advertised the price it would get more people to consider flying out of Columbus as an option.

I'll definitely look at flying out of CSG as an option next time I fly!

Old 04-30-2021, 10:15 AM

21 posts, read 19,758 times
Columbusboy8 Just keep trying to get your message out to them! Also I posted a message in response to there announcement on there Social Media Page FB and they liked my comment amongst others! I appreciate your excitement! FLY CSG!!

Old 04-30-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Columbusboy8 Just keep trying to get your message out to them! Also I posted a message in response to there announcement on there Social Media Page FB and they liked my comment amongst others! I appreciate your excitement! FLY CSG!!
ColGaMan, I appreciate your enthusiasm also, and the enthusiasm of other posters here! I've flown CSG and also Groomed it. Flying to my final destination which, like other Columbus metro travelers, is never Atlanta, is SO MUCH EASIER out of CSG than dealing with Groome, getting to Atlanta airport via LaGrange, wandering around Atlanta airport, and waiting for my flight to my final destination! Flying through Charlotte and Dallas-Ft Worth hubs opens up far more options for Columbus flyers! Being able to bypass the world's busiest airport is priceless to me!

Old 04-30-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Here's a motto that CSG and American could use in their marketing: "It's time for change and less hassle! Consider and choose close, convenient, nonstop flights from Columbus, Georgia's CSG airport to Charlotte, Dallas-Fort Worth, and the World!"

Old 05-03-2021, 02:22 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
The new flights posted for sale today.

I tried a random mid-week day in September and it showed 2 flights between Columbus and Charlotte on an CRJ700 @ 7am and 2pm and 1 daily flight to DFW on a CRJ900 @ 8:35am.

The return flights that day were from Charlotte at 11:45am and 8:30p and DFW at 6:30pm.

It looks like they are overnighting two planes in Columbus.

They are using PSA airlines for flights.

For comparison, Delta is running the same types of planes using Endeavor Air. The fly out 4x day to Atlanta at 6am, 11:40a, 3:10p, and 7:15pm.

The Atlanta flight is only 45 minutes, so they will maintain a small competitive advantage at more times to fly during the day... but since most people are connecting in these hub flights... getting people to their connections quicker. Overall flight times to final destinations will be slightly quicker on average going through Atlanta in most cases, but will vary depending on destinations and times of the various connecting flights.

This gives CSG 7x daily flights in and out to a major hub.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:

I tried a random mid-week day in September and it showed 2 flights between Columbus and Charlotte on an CRJ700 @ 7am and 2pm and 1 daily flight to DFW on a CRJ900 @ 8:35am.

The return flights that day were from Charlotte at 11:45am and 8:30p and DFW at 6:30pm.

For comparison, Delta is running the same types of planes using Endeavor Air. The fly out 4x day to Atlanta at 6am, 11:40a, 3:10p, and 7:15pm.

The Atlanta flight is only 45 minutes, so they will maintain a small competitive advantage at more times to fly during the day... but since most people are connecting in these hub flights... getting people to their connections quicker. Overall flight times to final destinations will be slightly quicker on average going through Atlanta in most cases, but will vary depending on destinations and times of the various connecting flights.

Thanks for the information, and for the comparison! All things considered, avoiding anything Atlanta (ATL) is priceless! It's also very important that flyers support American's new direct service to Charlotte and Dallas-Fort Worth! I think it would be fun to fly out to these cities even for a long vacation or getaway!

Just for the heck of it, I found a CSG to DFW leaving at 8:35am on Friday, Sept. 10, returning on Mon. Sept 13. $286 Roundtrip It's a 2-hour nonstop.

Last edited by columbusboy8; 05-03-2021 at 02:57 PM..

Old 05-03-2021, 02:46 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,652,074 times
Quote:

Great information thank you for sharing. Glad to see they are using larger jets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA