U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 PM

59 posts, read 101,360 times

Advertisements

I posted a thread on here a while ago asking for help on areas to live because my boyfriend and I might be moving from Milwaukee to Columbus in the next few months. I was told Short North, German Village, Dublin, and a few others. Does anyone have suggestions on apartments within these areas? I've attempted to look online (Craigslist, apartments.com, etc.) and have had ZERO luck!

What are the average prices for a 2 bedroom in these areas? Everything I was coming up with was $1500 or more... which is out of our price range. Looking to ideally stay around $800 - $900. We could do $1000 if the perfect place came along. As for type of housing, our preferences would go 1)Townhouse, 2) Apartment complex, 3) Single Family home, 4) Duplex.

We're both 25, like to go out on the weekends (15 min cab ride is ok), and would like an area for young professionals. We're not looking to live downtown or right near a college.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm clueless about Columbus and it's really discouraging looking online!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,110 times
Downtown to OSU along High Street is where it's at if you're young single and going out. Arena District, Short North, Victorian Village, Dublin if you're more suburban and like outerlying areas. Easton is good also.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,110 times
FYI - Dublin, Easton are the Outer areas, the others are all b-tween Downtown/OSU. Action is at the core of the city in C-bus. Hit the burbs if you want calm. OSU is a couple miles north of Downtown, the Short Nort, Vic. Village, Ital. Vill. are between OSU/Downtown off either side of High Street. I'd suggest Victorian Village most. C-bus has 2bdrms in the 600 range, don't pay over 8-1k unless you're buying something brand new or going for the glam factor in rentals.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM

84 posts, read 209,079 times
I really liked Grandview. Reasonable prices, decent housing. Nice neighborhood. Pretty centrally located to different parts of the city.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM

25 posts, read 64,243 times
I like the Island Club Apartments in Dublin? Their on Bethel Rd... not far from 315, really close to massive shopping areas on Henderson (a block down) and Sawmill (a block over) The supermarket, auto store, furnature store, dollar store and skyline chillie and some other restaurants are in walking distance (I'm lazy so that means they're really close). The Carage shopping center that's huge with walmart is two lights away across from Graters Icecream factory & store. It's a nice place to live I've been here for a few weeks and I love how close everything is. I'm never in the car more than 10 minutes and there's no traffic ever. The community has a pool indoor and out door basketball courts, raquetball court, state of the art gym and sauna, outdoor volley ball courts and little lakes are strategically placed for a island retreat right in the "city" Technically it's the outskirt but it's less than 10 minutes from the heart of the city. Reasonable prices that are negotiable. They have a website to check out too. The management company is really good about keeping up with renovations and pets are allowed.

Last edited by BitterSweetSarah; 09-20-2010 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: forgot pricing

Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM

59 posts, read 101,360 times
Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm def. looking for specific apartment names within each of these areas... any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus