U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,517 times

Advertisements

I don't think this will seem too odd, but here it goes anyway...

First, if you know of a better place/site/source I can make this targeted request, please let me know. I'll be beholden. Google searches are a pain in the aspirin.

Next, I'd like contact info for highly regarded appraisers for a pre-listing residential valuation on an Upper Arlington property, tentatively sometime in March. I'd like to have compiled a short-list no later than February 10th of someone to hire.

ONLY highly regarded appraisers: no appraisal management cos. or contract appraisers, please. I want the owner of the shop, and s/he needs a "sharp pencil" and a keen eye for the area.

If you are a RE agent or broker, or are a mortgage professional, I'd appreciate three names/contact info of/for skilled appraisers, the nature of your relationship to him/her and how long you've been doing business together. Don't need much detail, but would like a solid sense of your confidence in that individual. A simple "These are the best I know of - here's why..." will do. Include your contact info also, if you like. Thanks.

If you're an appraiser, please provide four contacts: three contacts as above, plus your own. Same thing - relationship, how long known, and your level of trust/confidence. Think, "If I couldn't do it myself, here's who I'd entrust the job to". Thank you, too.

Here's the deal. There may be a sale of a clean, upscale property in 43220. There will be no time for chasing the market down. There is, naturally, the goal of getting every last fair dime out of the home. This property is pristine, and the goal is also to not leave any potential proceeds on the table. It needs to be fair. If/when listed, it needs to be sold "today" at the then-market. Not 90 or 180 days after listing or with despicable price reductions. It needs to become liquid right now if this trigger is pulled. Said differently, I want the spot price from someone who knows how to establish FMV.

My concern is this... the appraiser will advise the pricing which will cause almost immediate interest. Please note I did not say fire sale nor is it an auction. Since we all know how particular lenders now are, the number needs to be dead on when it is listed.

Hope that makes sense. So, who are the best?

Thanks for your attention.

Mark
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,517 times
To the top...

Thanks to those who have read this thread. If there's anyone that can provide some contacts, I'd be grateful.

Mark
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>