Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 01:28 PM

198 posts, read 413,257 times

Advertisements

I bought tickets to attend a concert at Schottenstein Center in May and the Nationwide Arena in July. How do these two arenas compare? Also, what are the nicest luxury hotels to stay in while there? Are there any really nice places that are close to each of these facilities that I should take a look at? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Heaven WV girl View Post
I bought tickets to attend a concert at Schottenstein Center in May and the Nationwide Arena in July. How do these two arenas compare? Also, what are the nicest luxury hotels to stay in while there? Are there any really nice places that are close to each of these facilities that I should take a look at? Thanks in advance for any replies.
They are both top notch arenas. Both are new and very modern. Of course you probaly know that the Schottenstein is Ohio State's basketball arena. And Nationwide Arena is home to the Columbus Blue Jackets. There are a lot of cool areas by both. With Nationwide you have the Arena District, and Schottenstein is close to all the action around OSU's campus, and close to the extremely diverse Short North neighborhood.

Schottenstein:

Schottenstein Center :: Home

Short North:

Short North Arts District Official Website - Columbus Short North - Short North Columbus |

Nationwide Arena:

Welcome to the Nationwide Arena!

Arena District:

Columbus Ohio Arts + Entertainment | Arena District | Downtown Columbus Ohio

Old 02-22-2011, 10:07 PM

111 posts, read 405,488 times
In either case, I would pick a hotel downtown, there are plenty of high end hotels close to Nationwide that are within a ten minute drive of the Schott. A lot nicer than what hotels you would get around campus, perhaps excluding OSU's hotel, The Blackwell. But I'd still pick downtown =P then you get the nightlife/nice restaurants! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus