Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,193,288 times

Advertisements

I'm still amazed at how huge Ohio State is. My cousin took a picture of a crowd of some one to two thousand people in a section of an auditorium. He told me that this was only a section of the "classroom" for a general ed freshman class. I still have trouble believing him to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 AM

9,103 posts, read 13,119,630 times
Talking Ohio State is making me crazy for football season to start again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
bump
Excellent photos Streetcreed and rate up for you. Besides the nice downtown pics, the one thing that stood out (besides Ohio State) is the stores build over the expressway. Looks like they want to continue the street shopping district over the highway to the otherside. Nicely done and an example for other cities to follow!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM

92,061 posts, read 122,262,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Made for the South View Post
I'm still amazed at how huge Ohio State is. My cousin took a picture of a crowd of some one to two thousand people in a section of an auditorium. He told me that this was only a section of the "classroom" for a general ed freshman class. I still have trouble believing him to this day.
I believe that Ohio State is the biggest university in the country with around 60,000 students or so.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,341,309 times
Columbus seems a bit hillier in these pictures than people say it is. The last time I was in Columbus, I remember the area to be flat in some parts, rolling hills in others.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,815,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Columbus seems a bit hillier in these pictures than people say it is. The last time I was in Columbus, I remember the area to be flat in some parts, rolling hills in others.
Uhhh... where do you see hills in those photos? I looked through a second time and still don't see them.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 PM

77 posts, read 287,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Great shots! I enjoyed every one of them. I need to get to Columbus sometime, looks pretty cool.

Hey, whats that building in the lower LH corner in the 2nd photo down? Also, what are the neighborhoods like, immediately surrounding downtown?
It's COSI.

Center Of Science and Industry

Old 03-12-2009, 01:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,884,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I dont see any hills either.

Columbus is a very flat city and metro. Besides a few small hills throughout the area, its pretty much all flat.

The closest actual hills to Columbus are about 20 miles east of the city. To the west and north is pretty flat for a long time. To the south is flat up to about 40 miles from Columbus and hills start.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,193,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I believe that Ohio State is the biggest university in the country with around 60,000 students or so.
With numbers like that, even upper level courses in the most specialized majors would have tons of students. I'd be overwhelmed...I took a general ed class with 50 students and felt crowded!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:51 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,884,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Made for the South View Post
With numbers like that, even upper level courses in the most specialized majors would have tons of students. I'd be overwhelmed...I took a general ed class with 50 students and felt crowded!
Lets put it this way:

If Ohio State University (Columbus Campus) was a city, it would be the 16th largest in Ohio. Larger than Euclid and smaller than Elyria.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 PM

83 posts, read 293,084 times
The "mini Times Square" thing is odd and a bit tacky. It just doesn't fit in with the feel of the area. I'm surprised that it was allowed to be put up--maybe someone thought that it would provide a feel of "energy" or that of a "big city". I cringe every time that I pass it--the downtown is basically moving in the right direction, but those signs do nothing for it. Just my opinion, and I know that this post will be attacked for expressing anything remotely contrary......

The new ballpark is very pretty, for a ballpark. But it's a ballpark for a minor league farm team, so it's hard for many people to be very interested in that. The "Ring Your Bell" audience participation during the games is entertaining, though. Bring your cowbell and sing along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: