Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 05:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,396 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to columbus area from kansas City area. We are looking for a smaller town to move to. We have 3 kids 14, 11, and 8. My husband is already out there working. He has found a couple of town he thinks we would like. Logan, Lancaster, Reynoldsburg. Can anybody tell me about those towns? we are really looking for something about the size of Logan. We will be renting for now. I just want a nice layed back town to raise my family. Any suggestions would really help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 PM

555 posts, read 1,573,348 times
Don't really know why you'd consider Logan. I've always thought it was just kind of a podunk little town.

If you're looking for a small town and had to choose between the two, i'd choose Lancaster. It's fairly close to Columbus which opens up employment opportunities, plus I think the housing stock is more diverse, depending on what you're looking for.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 AM

205 posts, read 653,806 times
I just spent a bit of time in Logan for the Warrior Dash. Didn't seem very vibrant or thriving in any way. Not sure how many jobs are out that way. Its a full hour outside of the Columbus metro area.

Reynoldsburg doesn't really compare with Logan at all IMHO. Much bigger, more going on and within the metro Columbus area. I'm sure there must be rural parts on the outskirts but it feels more city than country.

I've never been to Lancaster.

I don't have much experience with small towns but Sunbury seems OK. Cute little town square, rural but has some new developments. Only 15-20 minutes outside Columbus. You might want to take a look there.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 AM

47 posts, read 86,562 times
My folks have a great little place on 5acres in Pataskala. It's just 20mins from Columbus I believe, but I like Lancaster too!

Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 PM

140 posts, read 314,228 times
If you're going to work in or around Columbus, Logan is pushing it a little far. Lancaster is a little out of the way too but has a smaller town feeling.

If you like the suburbs then i would highly recomend the eastern side of reynoldsburg. (homes are affordable, great schools, parks, ect)

Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM

212 posts, read 492,550 times
Johnstown is a great smaller town only 20 minutes from city center. The town thrives around sports, family, and community! Definitely something to check out.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM

66 posts, read 184,982 times
I agree that Logan would be my last vote by far.
Reynoldsburg and Lancaster are both fine, but they are quite different from each other. Rburg is much closer and a bit less of a suburbany suburb (make sense?). It's quite diverse racially and economically (which is one of the reasons I live in Rburg)... it's conveniently located to Columbus.
Lancaster is a bit more country and is further away. It's a really nice smaller town feel though. It feels more like an independent town rather than a suburb (Rburg certainly feels much more connected to the city). I like both a lot... but again, they feel quite different from each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus