Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,009 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks
We may have a chance to relocate if hubby gets a job in Columbus (Upper Arlington) not sure yet
Need recommendations for good schools, now my son is in 8th grade.
And we are also looking for a House. our budjet is around $275.

Thanks,
Milky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,102,221 times
Is that $275 a month for rent or, more realistically, $275K towards a house?

I'd look in Upper Arlington itself, especially if that is where your husband is working. It just makes everything more convenient. Schools are some of the best in the Columbus area. Housing costs can be high however and much of the housing stock in that price range is older.

If you cannot find what you want in your budget in UA, then I would look at Hilliard and the parts of Dublin closer in to the beltway. Both of those are sprawling suburbs, but the closer-in areas put you closer to Upper Arlington. Of course, if you don't mind the commute and want a newer home, it may be the best option.

One last place to check would be Worthington, and this may work better than Dublin or Hillard. It depends on your housing preferences. It has a great little downtown, isn't too far from UA, and has great schools.

As a side note, there are areas of Columbus that attend suburban school districts and vice-versa (the latter is less likely). To best get a grasp of those differing school district lines, I would consult a realtor. Basically, if a house has a Columbus address with Columbus services, it does not always mean Columbus Public Schools. CPS isn't horrible for an urban district, and quality can vary from school to school. If you find something you like and like the school too, don't let the fact that it is CPS cancel the deal. At least give them a look.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM

25 posts, read 68,078 times
there are parts of Hilliard and Arlington, in columbus,,, some live in Arlington, but have Columbus Schools, or Hilliard Schools,, Look At the TAXES!!,, HILLIARD, Arlington, have some of the highest in the area,, you could live 10 min south, in Grove City, and pay less,, and have more, and still have a VERY easy commute to Arlington(up 270n about 10 min), plus new schools also, off georgesville exit, Holt rd, at $275,, pick you home,, lots HERE!!! you can get further out and buy acres, with nice home,, LOTS to choose from, i've lived here my whole life.. depends what life you live,, upscale( what the Jone's are doing) or relaxed( have a beer with neighbor) types. pm me if you need more info. i have friends that are realitors.. (who doesnt lol) jc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus