U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 01:10 PM

46 posts, read 87,806 times

Advertisements

Hi- Does anyone drive this during rush hour? How long should I plan on it taking? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 PM

16,079 posts, read 15,811,547 times
The Short North is literally right across 670 from Downtown. Even during rush hour on High Street, I can't imagine it taking more than 5-10 minutes.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM

46 posts, read 87,806 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for responding. I guess I feel a little silly asking now but in a lot of other places I've been looking at, even very short distances can take a long time to travel during rush hour. I am thinking of relocating to Columbus and the areas that it appears will appeal to me most to live in are within a very close commute. This is good! : ) Next stop, a visit.

How much time would commuting from Clintonville add? Still under 30 minutes?

Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 PM

16,079 posts, read 15,811,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupont View Post
Thanks for responding. I guess I feel a little silly asking now but in a lot of other places I've been looking at, even very short distances can take a long time to travel during rush hour. I am thinking of relocating to Columbus and the areas that it appears will appeal to me most to live in are within a very close commute. This is good! : ) Next stop, a visit.

How much time would commuting from Clintonville add? Still under 30 minutes?
Honestly, you could walk Downtown from the Short North if you really wanted to.

Clintonville would depend more on the route. If you were trying to get INTO Downtown during rush hour, you'd have a much better commute. High and 315 are both close by. 315 can get backed up during rush hour, but mostly going out of Downtown. Same with High, although if you took High down all the way from Clintonville, you'd be hitting a lot of lights and Campus, which would slow you down quite a bit. I think 315 is easily doable 30 minutes or less going into Downtown.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 AM

2,049 posts, read 4,488,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Honestly, you could walk Downtown from the Short North if you really wanted to.

Clintonville would depend more on the route. If you were trying to get INTO Downtown during rush hour, you'd have a much better commute. High and 315 are both close by. 315 can get backed up during rush hour, but mostly going out of Downtown. Same with High, although if you took High down all the way from Clintonville, you'd be hitting a lot of lights and Campus, which would slow you down quite a bit. I think 315 is easily doable 30 minutes or less going into Downtown.
To the OP, better yet, for either commute, take the bus. COTA's #2 runs right down High Street from north of Clintonville, pass campus, through Short North, and right into downtown. The bus could be crowded though during rush hour, but the 2 runs pretty frequently (when I was in Columbus it ran every 5-10 minutes weekdays depending on the time of day).

Short North area has other bus route options running into downtown (#7 and 5 comes to mind), so you don't always have to hike to High Street.

Last edited by wrightflyer; 10-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 10-02-2011, 08:41 PM

556 posts, read 1,479,642 times
During Rush Hour, it would be quick to walk downtown. It would take 15 minutes max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: