Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 PM

121 posts, read 543,844 times

Advertisements

What are the pros and cons about each area. I believe Lancaster does not have the Headstart program which I would like to have my youngest in. It is also further from Center City Columbus where I would be working. What are jobs like in Lancaster? Any info would be great. Is there a Seventh Day Adventist church in the Lancaster area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,559 times
Howdy Mac,

The principal difference b/t Lancaster and Grove City is that GC is indisputably a suburb of Columbus. It sits in Franklin Co. and is directly adjacent to the capital city.

Lancaster is very much a separate community in its own right, with a distinct culture and atmosphere apart from Columbus. It's the seat of Fairfield Co. and in fact, although many Lancaster folks do commute to the City for work, Lancaster residents in general pride themselves on not being part of Columbus. (That's one of the things I miss about home, frankly!)

Some commonalities b/t the two: Grove City and Lancaster are both semi-rural, offering easy access from the surrounding countryside. They're both a little slower paced and much friendlier than Columbus for the most part, each having a sizable population of Appalachian folk. Both communities tend to relish that "down home" flavor, and people in both places are basically unpretentious, genuine, and courteous. Both places have a wide streak of "heartland America" and wouldn't want it any other way

Not sure about SDA in Grove City, although here's a website for the Lancaster SDA church: Loving Hope Lancaster OH : About Us -- including Mission Statements and our Ministries

The only other SDA church I'm aware of in the Cols. area is the big, elegant one they recently built in Worthington.

Hope this helps!
Lanc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus