U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM

3,118 posts, read 2,858,196 times

Advertisements

I may be visiting Columbus for a seasonal job. Anybody know a cheap but decent weekly rate motel?

I would prefer that the motel to be either on or near a bus line.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 AM

80 posts, read 259,962 times
Columbus is not a great city for motels, unfortunately. Downtown has some pretty nice hotels but they aren't cheap (well, they are compared to larger city's hotels, but not what you are looking for probably). And the ones that are cheap and on a bus line, you probably would want to stay away from unless you don't mind leaving with bites, a mysterious rash, your wallet missing, or all 3. The suburbs have some fairly nice accommodations and may be what you are looking for (Extended stay, Inntown, etc), but are not really near bus stops and are more in the burbs.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 AM

444 posts, read 753,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I may be visiting Columbus for a seasonal job. Anybody know a cheap but decent weekly rate motel?

I would prefer that the motel to be either on or near a bus line.
Best bet is to look in the 'burbs at an extended stay place and see how close you are to a bus line and whether that bus line will take you where you want to go. COTA does a great job taking people downtown or to the OSU area, but it's spotty outside of that.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:39 AM

Thanks to both of you. Looks like I'll have to apply for the same job in a different city.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM

1,413 posts, read 4,256,767 times
Check out Extended stay on Sawmill. It is near the busline and about 219 a week.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM

223 posts, read 375,391 times
Try Cleveland, Ohio they have the best Transit System in Ohio -- Both Bus and Rail rapid transit and Motels can be find easily within the city limits....Finding motels in Columbus can be hard and becomes a bigger challenge when trying to find a cheap motel along the bus line....

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu4brutus03 View Post
Try Cleveland, Ohio they have the best Transit System in Ohio -- Both Bus and Rail rapid transit and Motels can be find easily within the city limits....Finding motels in Columbus can be hard and becomes a bigger challenge when trying to find a cheap motel along the bus line....
Thanks. The seasonal job I was thinking about has offices in both Columbus and Cleveland.

All things being the same, I would have preferred Columbus, but poor public transportation is a deal breaker.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM

223 posts, read 375,391 times
You would enjoy Cleveland...its very vibrant and alot of culture in the city...Cleveland is going through a huge revitalization period right now...Ton of new development in the city and new businesses are moving Downtown...Cleveland also is on the shore of Lake Erie...many fun things you can do on the beaches here especially during the summer months....Check out the Cleveland Forum on here or over on www.urbanohio.com

Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 AM

80 posts, read 259,962 times
Columbus has a lot of middle of the road hotels and some very seedy, bad ones. Not a lot in the way of "cheap but nice" and not a lot in the high end (so called "4 star hotels", but that may be changing I think one is opening near downtown this or next year). As far as public transit, Cleveland is light years better than Columbus, Cincinnati, or any other city in Ohio really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>