U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM

11,555 posts, read 21,070,884 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my children (3 and 7) to COSI and I'm looking for a nice hotel near the museum. A pool is a must for the kids. I'm looking for a room in the 100-150 dollar range. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 AM

212 posts, read 659,376 times
Here's a list of ones near by: Drury Inn & Suites Convention Ctr, Holiday Inn Downtown Capital Square, Crowne Plaza(stayed here, nice), Courtyard by Marriott(Love it!) , Hyatt Regency(nice hotel) , Renaissance Downtown, Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown.
They all appear to have a pool, a couple are in walking distance. (actually all could be in walling distance, depending how far you want to walk) If you google map the zip 43215 and go to 'search nearby' and do 'hotels' , you can see there most of them are. They won't be anything west of the river and closer to COSI. much of the area west of COSI is a little run down. since you have a nice budget, I'd stay downtown.
when are you planning on visiting? If you know the dates, there are several others things to do downtown on weekends, some during the week. Let me know and I'll supply the sites of outdoor music and the such.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 PM

11,555 posts, read 21,070,884 times
I appreciate that, but I don't see us doing much else. We will go to COSI for three or four hours, hit the hotel and eat dinner. The kids will then want to swim and they will be wiped out for the day. Get up Friday and try to see the Santa Maria before we leave town and then hit the road.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 PM

212 posts, read 659,376 times
here's there website, double check it'll be open when you want to go. The Santa Maria Columbus, Ohio USA

this park is on the river, across the river from COSI, it has a awesome outdoor fountain that the kids can play in. lots of grass space. I really love it. The Scioto Mile | Riverfront destination in the heart of Downtown Columbus

this park is east of the river by a few blocks, walking distance from Scioto Mile. on Friday's is Commons Kids. they can ride the carousel and there's games and inflatables for them to play in. there is a food place on site. the website has more info about what's there. it is just a park, lots of green space but lots for the kids to play with. and a library mobile reading room. Columbus Commons

Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM

140 posts, read 297,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhgirl View Post
here's there website, double check it'll be open when you want to go. The Santa Maria Columbus, Ohio USA

this park is on the river, across the river from COSI, it has a awesome outdoor fountain that the kids can play in. lots of grass space. I really love it. The Scioto Mile | Riverfront destination in the heart of Downtown Columbus

this park is east of the river by a few blocks, walking distance from Scioto Mile. on Friday's is Commons Kids. they can ride the carousel and there's games and inflatables for them to play in. there is a food place on site. the website has more info about what's there. it is just a park, lots of green space but lots for the kids to play with. and a library mobile reading room. Columbus Commons
+1. Highly recommend the Scioto Mile and Columbus Commons. My kids love the fountains and riding the carousel

Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM

13 posts, read 26,057 times
As far as a hotel option, I would highly recommend the Renaissance at the corner of Gay and 3rd. They have an outdoor rooftop pool, which my daughter loved. I agree with the other posts on the Scioto Mile and Columbus Commons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus