Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,703 times

Advertisements

Just got the news that i have been given the SW Ohio territory for my company and i need to find a place asap. My territory will include Columbus, Dayton and Cincy. From everything i have read Columbus seems like the place that best fits me. In a perfect world i would like to find an apt community that has no crime, no loud music, pretty much no idiots or thugs, but i know thats almost impossible.
Any suggestions of areas in or around Columbus or areas South along with names of places would be extremely helpful. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 04:47 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,715 times
How much travelling are you going to have to do? If you are going to have to spend equal time in all three areas I would think Dayton would be a better pick since it is between Columbus and Cincy. If you are looking for a quiet apartment I would think Huber Heights or Beavercreek would do.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,703 times
I just checked out Beavercreek, looks pretty decent. Is it pretty rural or is everything pretty close by?

Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,715 times
It's your typical suburban area.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,671,314 times
I lived in Beavercreek. It is a decent Dayton suburb. Mostly uppermiddle class, there is nearby Fairborn and areas of Dayton that are very very very working class, and you will not be able to ignore them sorry. Also, any dayton suburb is very car oriented and usually very "stay at home or the shopping mall." It is closer to Cinci and in between Cinci and Columbus.

I personally would rather live in Columbus or a Columbus suburb, because in Dayton and Beavercreek I was bored and felt very out place, it is much more conservative and not very friendly to newcomers. However, if your idea of fun is spending time with your kids, going to a park, a movie, a mall, maybe to a show every once in awhile in downtown Dayton; Beavercreek is fine.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,083,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
I personally would rather live in Columbus or a Columbus suburb, because in Dayton and Beavercreek I was bored and felt very out place, it is much more conservative and not very friendly to newcomers. However, if your idea of fun is spending time with your kids, going to a park, a movie, a mall, maybe to a show every once in awhile in downtown Dayton; Beavercreek is fine.
I agree on certain points. Columbus and Cincinnati will have more to do in your free time (not saying there are plenty of thigns to do in Dayton, you just have to look sometimes). Beavercreek also has a large number of shopping centers, and yes, they are probably the only daily things to do. Also, Beavercreek is very conservative, a fact attributed to the large number of military personel that reside in the city and work at Wright-Patt. However, this makes for a large rotation of people in and out of the city, so being a transplant doesn't make you shunned. What probably does is the fastness of the community 45,000+/-, thus it may seem cold and standoffish. Outside of school and the people I know from there, that's the attitude I get. But to classify the whole suburb as unfriendly seems a little too harsh. You have to be the one to go out and meet people (for some like me, that can be hard outside a controlled environment like school).

But I digress. While more expensive then Huber Heights, Beavercreek's apartments are for the most part new (10< years) and there are still more coming, probably as a result of BRAC increases on base. One other suburb that is really nice, on I-675, and basically fits your description is Centerville. It's apartments are a little older, but it's also further from the University and Wright Patt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus