Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM

49 posts, read 183,616 times

Advertisements

Can anybody give me feedback on the townhouses? Is it a quiet area? Are they new inside or dated? They seem pricey so I'm hoping they are one of the more prettier ones... Also are there any suggestions on any other rentals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 AM

28 posts, read 50,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulabarbie View Post
Can anybody give me feedback on the townhouses? Is it a quiet area? Are they new inside or dated? They seem pricey so I'm hoping they are one of the more prettier ones... Also are there any suggestions on any other rentals?
From what I remember it is a very quiet community with good access to businesses, but it was a little difficult to turn left and make it to 270 in the morning. It seems the apartments were built sometime in the 1990's, so the inside has a newer feel, not quite dated. When I was working as a banker, I knew several drug dealers and strip club owners that rented apartments in that community and they seemed to be very pleased with the accommodations.

Good luck!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM

20 posts, read 37,406 times
I lived on a month to month lease there about 2 years ago....really quiet complex and didn't have any issues other than what the above poster mentioned.....turing left out of the complex or turning left into the complex was very frustrating. I will say the apts are nice but the appliances are older. I would recommend Lifestyle Preserve Crossings which is about a mile east up Morse Rd. Newer, more amenities, and around the same price!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM

490 posts, read 863,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr1906 View Post
I lived on a month to month lease there about 2 years ago....really quiet complex and didn't have any issues other than what the above poster mentioned.....turing left out of the complex or turning left into the complex was very frustrating. I will say the apts are nice but the appliances are older. I would recommend Lifestyle Preserve Crossings which is about a mile east up Morse Rd. Newer, more amenities, and around the same price!
Agreed, the Lifestyle apartments are newer and on a less-busy portion of Morse. Just as close to all of the restaurants and shopping near Morse and Hamilton.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM

37 posts, read 58,004 times
Pricey yes, there not very large. C. WREN is located directly on Morse Rd. One of the most busiest and highly traffic street here. Quite if you get an apartment away from the street. I have to charge my tablet. I will come back on with lots of info. Are you loking for a townhome only in Gahanna?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I am looking in that area because my job will be in the Easton area. I viewed alot of places but not many with attached garages, CW had one available. Id appreciate any more info you have. We are taking a ride up Saturday to take a look. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM

490 posts, read 863,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulabarbie View Post
Thanks for the info. I am looking in that area because my job will be in the Easton area. I viewed alot of places but not many with attached garages, CW had one available. Id appreciate any more info you have. We are taking a ride up Saturday to take a look. Thanks!
The CW apartment complex is fine, but again, you might consider looking a bit further east on Morse to the Lifestyle apartments. You should also consider the 161/New Albany Road interchange and some of the apartment complexes around there (Sugar Run at New Albany, Albany Woods, etc.). Very nice new area and still an easy commute to Easton. One piece of advice I'd give is not to live too close to Easton itself (inside 270). Some of the areas nearby though not what I'd call dangerous are still not the greatest.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,760 times
Have a colleague that has lived in C Wren for a couple years. I've been to his place a handful of times and it is nice. I could see where making a lefthand turn onto Morse might be difficult at 7:45 AM on a weekday but there is a center turn lane (suicide lane) so you don't have to wait for a lull in both eastbound and westbound traffic to get out of the complex.

He has not mentioned any issues with neighbors, crime, etc. I'd say from his anecdotal info go ahead and book it.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 AM

213 posts, read 697,929 times
Lived here last year for four months while I was house hunting. The turn off of Morse was inconvenient at times, but manageable.

Pros:
Pretty quiet if you live in the units well off Morse
Routine maintenance and upkeep performed regularly
Good value/size for the money
Convenient to amentities

Cons:
Only one dumpster (NOT centrally located)
Shared water bills
Slightly dated
There have been several vehicle break-ins (be sure to park in a garage or hide your belongings)

Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 AM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus