Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 17,079 times

Advertisements

Hi, and thanks in advance for your help. My boyfriend and I are relocating to Columbus and I have no clue where to start looking. We're professionals (30's), no kids, but very active outdoors (cycling/hiking/running). We're looking to rent, not buy, for under $900. We're not partiers, so I'd like to stay away from neighborhoods with lots of college kids. I'll be working near the airport, and my boyfriend will be going back to school. Basically, I want to be somewhere safe, quiet and close to parks/recreation. Does it exist or will i have to rethink my criteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM

140 posts, read 314,126 times
Gahanna, Blacklick, Reynoldsburg, and Westerville are all areas around the airport that are safe and would probably fit your price range. All of the areas are also close to metro parks and bike trails. If you can find one in the price range, New Albany also has an excellent parks and trails system.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:25 PM

490 posts, read 863,148 times
It sounds like you may want to live in the suburbs more than the city. Gahanna might be a place to look. In particular, check out some of the apartments near Hamilton and Morse, such as the Lifestyle complex on Morse just east of Hamilton. Lots of people in their 30's in that area, it's fairly quiet and safe, but within 10 minutes of the airport and several parks, including Blendon Woods Metropark.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
It sounds like you may want to live in the suburbs more than the city. Gahanna might be a place to look. In particular, check out some of the apartments near Hamilton and Morse, such as the Lifestyle complex on Morse just east of Hamilton. Lots of people in their 30's in that area, it's fairly quiet and safe, but within 10 minutes of the airport and several parks, including Blendon Woods Metropark.
I dont think you need to stay to the suburbs due to the fact they dont want to be around nightlife as much.

Columbus' urban neighborhoods are where the young professionals are going to these days. And these areas offer many sections that are very quiet and relatively chill. Also, it is only a 7-10 minute drive on the highway to the airport from most of the central city.

I would recommend grandview heights area (its really young professional heaven) there are some grad students there too, but very few undergrads and no campus parties. It's also right off I 670 direct to the airport and downtown.

Also, sections of Victorian Village (the western edge of the area and below 4th or 3th)

Last edited by streetcreed; 09-19-2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old 09-20-2013, 12:19 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
I'd highly recommend Bexley.

Good central location, close to nice parks along Alum Creek, YP vibe in the area, and close to downtown if you want more excitement.

The main issue is that there are not a ton of rentals in Bexley. Below is what they have for less than $900 per month:

Edgevale, Columbus, OH 43209 - Zillow
985 Vernon Rd, Columbus, OH 43209 - Zillow
839 Sheridan Ave, Columbus, OH 43209 - Zillow

(the last link looks nicest overall, but it might be more of a college rental because it is close to Capital U).

Old 09-24-2013, 11:10 AM

3 posts, read 17,079 times
Thanks for all the info!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner. You can't beat this location.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 AM

140 posts, read 278,191 times
Hi Ellen

I'm in a similar situation - 30s, former professional now grad student. I'm living in NW Columbus, in the Bethel Road area. This area definitely trends towards young professionals/older grad students. It's quiet and seems pretty safe. There are a lot of suitable options in this area, and if your partner is going to OSU then the 18 bus route is good. Maybe not so good for the airport though. There were also a lot of units near the Anheuser Busch sports park, although these didn't suit me because of the lack of bus connections. I also like the Sawmill Ravine area near the Scioto end of Bethel Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus