Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:31 AM

575 posts, read 1,471,893 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed that almost every apartment in Columbus seems to have the same layout?? At least anything in the $700-$800 range. I'm trying to find a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment within 20 mins of Grove City and everything I find has the EXACT same layout as where I live now! :/ Don't really wanna spend the money it costs to move only to have the exact same apartment layout I have now (which I dislike).

If you're curious, the layout I'm talking about is the layout that Gateway Lakes in Grove City has for their 2bed/2ba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:09 AM

417 posts, read 596,021 times
I agree with you. They all look the same!'

Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,112,635 times
You're talking about the suburbs, where most of the apartments were probably built by the same handful of companies, so yeah, they're probably going to have a similar look, layout and feel a lot of the time. If you want more variety, you'll probably have to either look further into the city or get more creative in your search.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM

80 posts, read 142,572 times
Gateway Lakes in Grove City is nice... We Landscape it and do snow removal
Look at town homes if you want a different lay out..

Dublin, Polaris, Powell, New Albany nice areas
Look into Lifestyle committees apartments, there are different

Old 04-30-2014, 04:12 PM

I guess my biggest issue is that most of the apartments are the same layout and cost more money than where I am haha I've been looking into townhomes around the city now. I like that they don't have the same layout and I don't have to worry about my kiddo stomping on the floor and driving the downstairs neighbors nuts. Plus, they're usually pretty affordable for the location. We could never afford a 2 bedroom (900+ sq ft) closer to downtown because our budget is only $850 a month including water and it's pretty hard to find something in that budget that isn't in a run down area and/or within 20 mins to Grove City.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM

78 posts, read 146,252 times
Agree. I find Columbus to be much more cookie-cutter than most other places I've lived or visited. It's just one reason why I find Columbus lacks an identity (and one reason I'm ready to leave).

Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibityJibity View Post
Agree. I find Columbus to be much more cookie-cutter than most other places I've lived or visited. It's just one reason why I find Columbus lacks an identity (and one reason I'm ready to leave).
I find myself thinking that a lot. The Short North and those areas are really nice. But gosh, they're just so dang expensive. Kinda expensive to go shopping or dining in the area too :/ Not always of course. I honestly prefer Cincinnati but I'm stuck here because of work. If I had a choice though I'd leave Ohio entirely

Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,112,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurabug View Post
I find myself thinking that a lot. The Short North and those areas are really nice. But gosh, they're just so dang expensive. Kinda expensive to go shopping or dining in the area too :/ Not always of course. I honestly prefer Cincinnati but I'm stuck here because of work. If I had a choice though I'd leave Ohio entirely
They're expensive because they're great places in a great area. There really into another neighborhood in Ohio like the Short North, at least not fully gentrified like it is. But it's hardly the only decent urban location with great apartments.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,034,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
They're expensive because they're great places in a great area. There really into another neighborhood in Ohio like the Short North, at least not fully gentrified like it is. But it's hardly the only decent urban location with great apartments.
...something's amiss here, both grammatically and in content. (Just what are you trying to say?)

Old 05-01-2014, 02:22 PM

87 posts, read 181,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
...something's amiss here, both grammatically and in content. (Just what are you trying to say?)
Can you please name the other Ohio neighborhoods as vibrant as the Short North?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus