U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 09:51 AM

189 posts, read 379,152 times

Advertisements

I was just hired at a state agency located north of Dublin-Granville Road. I'm a recent OSU graduate, and since I hadn't landed a decent paying job yet I hadn't renewed my current lease, and now it's too late. So I'm looking for something that's going to be close to where I work. My budget is between $500 and $600 per month for rent (not including utilities). I'm having trouble finding places with units available on the usual apartment listing sites, and wondered if anyone on here had any "insider" info on what complexes might have units available. My current move-out date is July 20.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM

Also, a quick question: I just looked at an apartment just off of Schrock Rd. I liked the complex as a whole, and it seemed to be well run and maintained. Can someone tell me about possible safety concerns I may have about that area? Thanks.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:49 PM

575 posts, read 1,373,555 times
You could try around Clintonville. I know that's not as close as you would probably like but $600 won't go far in the Dublin area. Check Craigslist using their Map option though as some private rentals can be found that way. I have seen some good deals for Dublin before but you have to get lucky.

Also, for safety issues, try using a crime map and check out what crime has been going on in that area. I haven't used this one before but a simple Google search brought it up. I have also used this site myself before.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:41 PM

I checked the website for the Columbus PD and this is the crime map they link to on their site, it's very accurate and can go back up to a year

RAIDS Online: Regional Analysis and Information Sharing

Old 06-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Thanks. Nothing showed up on the map for the location of the apartment I'm looking at, whereas there were quite a few incidences near my last two, so it seems that area is either fairly safe or people just aren't reporting crimes for whatever reason.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 PM

Yeah, I've seen that at a few places too. Check any close nearby streets. Where I live now shows no incidents (I live on a street that goes in a circle) but the other side of the circle has a couple incidents that actually belong on my side of the circle (if that makes sense).

Old 06-06-2014, 07:30 PM

Alright, I'm honestly a little nervous now and feel like I'm running out of time. I thought the complex seemed ok, but I found a thread from a few years ago on here saying to stay away from it and Schrock Road in general, and that it was a nightmare.

I'm widening my search to Westerville trying to find a place that will be safe and not in horrible shape. Any help would be appreciated. I'd struggle to go over $700/month for rent.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:43 PM

27 posts, read 40,435 times
Depends on the specific apartment complex on schrock your referring too and your overall comfort level. Like alot of apts in the Northland area, around schrock and 161 they are really hit and miss. Some are nice, some are decent and some are super hood to the point your surprised it even gets like that up there lol. It is a mixed area in general, all depends on what your comfort level and what complex.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 AM

I found some nice two-bedrooms north of the I-270, so I think I'm just going to lease one and try to find a roommate to split costs. I'll actually end up saving money in the long run that way, versus getting a one-bedroom in a not so great area.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM

80 posts, read 131,346 times
Worthington Meadows has units, lots of town homes.. New management company working hard to clean up the grounds. Great area close to Polaris Mall, close to 270, tell them Jason the landscaper sent you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus