U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 30,336 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm getting ready to move to the Columbus area. I want to know which area is safest. I'd prefer the suburbs because I've heard that they are safer than living in a big city zip code. I have school age kids and want an area with a good school system. I'm looking at the Gahanna, Westerville, New Albany area, but am willing to take suggestions for Columbus as long as it is a safe area where I don't have to worry about hearing gunshots or having my car broken into. Right now I live on the West side of Indy and it is God awful here. I'm from a small town in Va, so the whole having to watch what I do at night is a huge culture shock. I'm will be living in an apartment so if you know any good ones that are safe, not too much noise, and suitable for children let me know.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 AM

15 posts, read 41,777 times
I am new to the Columbus area, but from what I know all of the areas that you mentioned are nice. There are tons of threads on this....do some searches on the specifc towns and you will see what people have to say about them.

Good luck

Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,523,511 times
New Albany is a quickly growing suburb. I believe in 1990 it had only about 1,000 residents, now it is over 7,000. It is a very nice "wooded" suburb that feels far from the city, but is very close to large city ammenities. New Albany is worth looking into. Good Luck!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM

51 posts, read 171,046 times
I live in New Albany, and have been here for 2 years. I lived in Gahanna for 1 year. Both very safe, very nice. . .with New Albany probably being a bit safer. Schools are good in both places, again I'd give New Albany the edge though.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 PM

52 posts, read 319,606 times
I used to live on the west side of Indy (when it was much nicer). I live in Dublin now (fairly new resident) but it is terrific. The rec center offers some great classes and depending on your price range you'll find some great neighborhoods in that area of town.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM

12 posts, read 40,506 times
Westerville and Gahanna are both great communities and for what they offer are also pretty affordable. New Albany is more upscale and typically more expensive. Westerville has the best parks and rec system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus