Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 13,077 times

Advertisements

for two young professionals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,115,681 times
I don't know about the building itself, but as far as I know, it was fully occupied. The area is Italian Village and is perfect for younger professionals. A lot is happening in that area and it's basically a part of the Short North and is very close to Downtown and the Arena District, etc.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 AM

490 posts, read 867,089 times
Great location. You can walk to the Short North quite easily and downtown isn't far either. Across 4th Street from the Wonderbread Lofts there is a huge development going up called Jeffrey Park (was formerly a large factory site). Hundreds of apartments and condos.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:38 AM

Got my son moved in over the weekend. How long are the 70 west exit ramps going to be closed?

Old 06-10-2015, 09:55 PM

72 posts, read 107,486 times
Nice place, nice area too. Quick freeway access as well. But why spend more rent on an apartment when you could just buy a house or condo? It makes no sense to dump 1,500+ dollars in rent in an expensive apartment. I could understand if you didn't want a lawn to take care of, so then buy a condo? Just a bad money decision all around to rent from these places. You can have a brand new house built in Columbus with a 1,200 dollar a month mortgage. I guess if location is all that matters to you...but in the end, nothing really beats having your own property.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,115,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpoet1 View Post
Nice place, nice area too. Quick freeway access as well. But why spend more rent on an apartment when you could just buy a house or condo? It makes no sense to dump 1,500+ dollars in rent in an expensive apartment. I could understand if you didn't want a lawn to take care of, so then buy a condo? Just a bad money decision all around to rent from these places. You can have a brand new house built in Columbus with a 1,200 dollar a month mortgage. I guess if location is all that matters to you...but in the end, nothing really beats having your own property.
I had my own property once. It was an expensive pain in the *ss. Always ongoing problems, always some new expense, and during the recession I ended up underwater. I can absolutely see why renting is so popular right now. I rent now and am perfectly happy doing so... and yeah, location is pretty important.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 PM

72 posts, read 107,486 times
That's a fair way of looking at it, but apartments always raise your rent too, and you'll find yourself moving around every few years because of it.

The wonderbread lofts are pretty unique. Check out the Atrium Lofts downtown as well, or the Flats on Vine. There's actually a ton of choices downtown for that price range or less. A couple things worth mentioning though about Wonderbread - You can walk to the Short North in 10 min or less, but I would find it annoying that it's not close enough to a grocery store or gas station. There's some ghetto gas stations on E 5th Avenue nearby, and for groceries you'd have to cut across Short North by car to get to Giant Eagle on Neil.

German Village to me is a better location if you have that budget. It's quieter, less crazy people roaming around, really close to a grocery store and gas station, lots of good restaurants.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 AM

well, he has a two year contractual commitment and I have no idea if he would remain in the area after that. Buying seems a bit premature for a kid directly out of college. He's splitting the rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: