Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:57 AM

13 posts, read 14,884 times

Advertisements

Hello my issue is about what is better: hillard or westerville or wortington or powell
I wanna relocate from colorado to ohio area 4 months from now
About job ,I'm truck driver so I can find a job everywhere
About schools my kids still only 3,5 so it's doesn't bother me now
My issue is how is the prices there and which one is better
Thank u all for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 12:59 AM

And why in westerville and wortington the prices r cheaper than in powell and hillard

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
All these places have decent schools, with Powell and Worthington being the better 2. Powell is the furthest out from Columbus, so you'd be travelling further for significant amenities there. Worthington would be the closest to Columbus as it is just inside the 270 outerbelt. Out of these 4, I like Worthington the best. I think it has a lot more character than the other suburbs.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:22 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Default Zoo, waterpark in Powell

With kids that age, perhaps consider that the excellent Columbus Zoo is in Powell, which is somewhat of a pain to go to from some other places in Columbus. The zoo also has a good waterpark. Personally, I would consider a zoo membership, especially if I lived in Powell. (Conversely, Powell may be a more difficult commute to prospective work locations, perhaps closer to I-70.)

Also check out the location of area Metroparks, which are very good, for any location under consideration.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:25 PM

Hay tnx a lot for answering me
Why nobody not says nothing about hilliard? Is it not good place or what?and still why in Worthington some apartments cost about 600 or less it's scare me little bit

Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,941 times
Hilliard is a good city to live in. Good schools, but high property taxes. Mainly middle to upper middle class.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:25 PM

240 posts, read 953,734 times
I've got two in college that went through Hilliard schools recently. Both were well-prepared upon graduation from HS for what they faced in college. Most other parents of recent graduates (last several years or so) that I have spoken with have indicated the same thing.

Hilliard is mainly middle to upper middle class, but there is a contingent of working class in the mix, too. Westerville is similar to Hilliard but with probably more housing at either end of the spectrum, but I'd give slight edge to Hilliard as far as schools are concerned. Ten years ago, Worthington's schools had an edge over Hilliard, but now (IMHO), it is close to a tie. Powell (Olentangy Local) is the priciest option, with schools that are consistently ranked near the top of the state (not just Columbus metro area).

School rank...

Olentangy
Worthington/Hilliard (tie)
Westerville

Mind you, Westerville schools are quite solid (good) for the most part, so putting them at the bottom of this list doesn't mean that Westerville isn't worth a look. I'd agree that Worthington probably has the most character of these suburbs. Olde Worthington is quite charming.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:16 PM

Thank you so much for a huge help
Still the prices is weird in Worthington because they cheaper than all other suburbs

Old 03-19-2016, 12:37 PM

240 posts, read 953,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edik View Post
Thank you so much for a huge help
Still the prices is weird in Worthington because they cheaper than all other suburbs
Worthington... Less expensive? My experience is that *on average* Worthington is less expensive than Powell and Dublin, but more expensive than Westerville and Hilliard.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:50 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,084,249 times
Be careful. The place may advertise "Worthington" but it really is in Columbus or Columbus schools and is just "close" to Worthington. I'd recommend checking with the management company or land lord first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus