U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 41,266 times

Advertisements

What is everyone thinking about how this game will turn out? Call me crazy, but I've got Florida taking this thing 31-14. I know that OSU has been more dominant throughout the season, but who wouldn't dominate playing that weak-ass Big Ten schedule? I don't see the Buckeyes being undefeated or even 12-1 had they played Florida's schedule. Everyone is criticizing UF for struggling against weaker opposition (Vandy, S. Carolina) but you gotta admit the Gators have stepped it up for big games (Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas). Meyer's clan shocks the world and wins this one handily.

By the way, I'm not a Florida fan, I am a UT fan (the real UT, in Knoxville).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 04:15 PM

143 posts, read 824,594 times
Florida got into the championship by sheer circumstance, not because of talent. OSU puts up an average of almost 40pt per game and give up a little more than 7. Its almost impossible to see them domniating a team like OSU let alone even being competitive. I would have much rather seen UM or USC than FLA have a shot.

Its funny how only people in the SEC thinks the conference is the strongest.Even you have to admit the SEC is having a down year..The gameplay has been incredibly sloppy, if the media wasnt so SEC biased the confrence would have been shut out all the BCS bowls.

Oh and UT (both of them) are completely irrelevent at the point.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM

Are you kidding me? The Big Ten is the gayest conference ever. How can you accuse the SEC of having "sloppy gameplay" when your conference includes such juggernauts as Northwestern, Indiana, and the mighty Zookers of Illinois. I would put up Vandy and Kentucky, two of our perennial bottom-feeders, with confidence against any Big Ten team except OSU, Michigan and possibly Wisconsin. Top to bottom, no conference in the country compares to the SEC. This is not an opinion, this is a fact backed up by statistics on top of statistics. And it's a fact that will be crystallized when UF takes care of business against the Suckeyes on Jan. 8.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:00 AM

What do I care if your bottom feeders can beat our bottom feeders...They are all bottomfeeders thus are irrelivent in the discussion. What matters is if the best 2 or 3 teams of your conference can beat the best 2 or 3 from ours. Most anaylst agree Florida would lose to UM on a neutral field. Now Florida beat LSU and Arkansas. So we can logically say our second best team would stomp a mudhole in the SEC's top 3 teams. I will hold my tougue on the whos the best conference until after the bowl games, I suggest you do the same.

And anybody can skew statistics to make thier conference look better. I personally believe the goal standard to measure a confrence strength is to simply find out who has the most bowl wins all-time. That my friend is the Big 10.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:02 PM

Go back and re-read my post. I didn't claim that our bottom-feeders could beat only your bottom-feeders. I claimed, and justafiably so, that Vandy and Kentucky would stand a good shot against any Big Ten team except Ohio State, Michigan, and possibly Wisconsin. If you're classifying all the remaining eight teams in your conference as "bottom-feeders," you're basically proving my point for me.

Bottom-feeders (or "cellar-dwellers") are very relevant when discussing which conference is the strongest. Football is a rough, tough, hard-hitting, black-bruising game. It's even harder when as a top team, you have to face six or seven formidable opponents, sometimes consecutively, just to make it through your conference. That's the way it works in the SEC. Big Ten teams, on the other hand, only have to make it through two or three "tough" in-conference games. Ohio State, because they didn't have to play Wisconsin this year, only had one: Michigan. And you're telling me Florida's SEC schedule, which included UT, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, and Georgia, wasn't a tad bit more impressive?

Also, I could give two flying rats' asses about all-time bowl records. I care about which conference is the strongest right now, in 2006. That would be the SEC, with its top-to-bottom talent, not the Big Ten, with its one or two shining stars amongst a turd-filled sewer.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:35 PM

976 posts, read 3,626,896 times
Plain and simple.... I think it will be a close game between Ohio and Florida.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:05 PM

1,701 posts, read 6,177,788 times
The Sec Is Way Way Better Than The Big Ten This Year Even Though I'm A Big Ten Man I Know The Sec Is Point Blank Top To Bottom Much More Superior Than The Big Three Fact...but Other Than That I Believe Ohio State Is The Better Team Regardless Of Strength Of Schedule Because Of Troy Smith...sorry Florida You'll Be There Again You Got A Great Coach!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The Sec Is Way Way Better Than The Big Ten This Year Even Though I'm A Big Ten Man I Know The Sec Is Point Blank Top To Bottom Much More Superior Than The Big Three Fact...but Other Than That I Believe Ohio State Is The Better Team Regardless Of Strength Of Schedule Because Of Troy Smith...sorry Florida You'll Be There Again You Got A Great Coach!
And what proof do you have that makes you think the SEC is the strongest?

The thing is everything in college football is based on ones OPINION. Give me enough time, I could skew statistics and have you believing the MAC is the strongest. The strongest conference will emerge after the bowl games, just wait and see.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 AM

20,005 posts, read 72,949,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
WHOA! Talk about an eye sore!!! Why capitalize the first letter of each word???? You might also want to use some punctuation, it makes things ALOT easier to read. Anyways, Id like to have a say in this matter!

**ahem, clears throat**

SEC sucks.

Game on!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:52 PM

1,701 posts, read 6,177,788 times
I apologize Steve-O that was akward that I capitalized the first letter of every word and my punctuation was horrendous. I am truly not offended friend, but I believe you are terribly mistaken. The Big Ten is even worse than my punctuation to say the least. The Big Ten is worse than human rights in North Korea. The Conference is not the Big Ten, it is the Big 2 1/2, Ohio State, Michigan, and half of Wisconsin. Not only that, the Big Ten has twelve football schools. The SEC is loaded with five possible AP top fifteen, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU. Steve-O telling me the Big Ten is better without giving me any evidence is not to convincing. But, I do appreciate the grammar lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: