Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 08:11 PM

28 posts, read 58,342 times

Advertisements

My husband is considering a job in Columbus, and I am wondering where we would live. We have one child who will be attending college out of state, so it’s just the 2 of us. Husband’s office would be in Westerville. What suburb would be a good fit for us? We don’t have to consider school district any more, and we don’t really need the big Neighborhoods with lots of young families....although a house with a backyard for our dog would be good. Price range up to $750k. Any areas you can think of? I read about Clintonville and Grandview Heights...both sound interesting. Is that new development in Grandview Heights with all the townhomes and condos nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 12:03 PM

20 posts, read 26,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrown View Post
My husband is considering a job in Columbus, and I am wondering where we would live. We have one child who will be attending college out of state, so it’s just the 2 of us. Husband’s office would be in Westerville. What suburb would be a good fit for us? We don’t have to consider school district any more, and we don’t really need the big Neighborhoods with lots of young families....although a house with a backyard for our dog would be good. Price range up to $750k. Any areas you can think of? I read about Clintonville and Grandview Heights...both sound interesting. Is that new development in Grandview Heights with all the townhomes and condos nice?
Check out this builder.

https://www.epconcommunities.com/communities/

I think this community is nice and may works for you too.
https://www.epconcommunities.com/oh/...rive/overview/
https://www.epconcommunities.com/oh/...idge/overview/

It is near the Dublin Bridge Park.
[vimeo]315948103[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/315948103

Old 08-20-2020, 08:46 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,061,683 times
I have heard good things about Grandview Yard (the new development you referenced). It is in a good location with easy access to OH-315 which can take you up to I-270 towards Westerville. Nice Giant Eagle Market District (large gourmet chain grocer) nearby. The main drag of Grandview is probably not a close walk. Most walkable areas around Grandview Yard would be Grandview Yard itself, the 5th Avenue corridor or potentially Victorian Village on the other side of Olentangy River Road, the river itself and OH-315. Not a "pretty" walk in terms of visuals, but definitely doable. I have heard lots are pretty small in the new development.

Westerville itself has a small but up-and-coming central district. Uptown has become popular with people looking for older homes and walkability near a central part of town. Plenty of cute shops and restaurants (local and regional places). Homes here go fast and 750K will get you a decent home. It may also allow you more room to bid up if need be.

Another potential option is Olde Worthington. It will be a higher price point to Uptown Westerville due to being closer to downtown and OSU with good schools, but plenty of people love this area. Personally, I like Uptown a little better.

And of course you have Clintonville. Lots of different sections and price points from areas bordering Old North Columbus near Arcadia to really old and beautiful (though expensive) houses near Beechwold Historic District. Plenty of SFHs, doubles and small apartment buildings and multi-units. High Street is the main drag, but there can be some places found off portions of Indianola too. The further north you are, the less student-oriented the businesses will be. Personally, if I had to choose, I would choose either older Grandview Heights, Clintonville or Uptown Westerville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus