Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,488 times

Advertisements

yes that will be me. with my husband working toward col. it seems best for us to move that way. we live in a rural area north of portsmouth, oh so anything will be a big change for us. i have a 14 yr old that i have to consider, the school situations worry me more than anything else i believe. where do i start as far as schools???? are any safer than others??? what is considered safe these days??? do i sound confused???? yeah i thought so. any help would be deeply appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 PM

119 posts, read 558,914 times
I feel like you are probably looking for something that is not so much in the city, but maybe in the surrounding rural area? Or are you looking for a suburb?

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 AM

37 posts, read 160,513 times
I am from Cleveland, new to Columbus, and I went to school at Shawnee State. I am going to suggest that you consider living in a suburb of Columbus. There are several choices to consider that would allow for any easy commute to Columbus for work and you can still be away from city living. I believe I enjoy Worthington, Westerville as strong possibilities from a more rural feel, have great school systems.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,488 times
the thought of city life doesn't sit very well with myself or my husband. we are considering just about any alternative but that. we are not in a hurry to move, not rushed or anything like that. i just don't know where to start looking to tell the truth.westerville has been mentioned to us, i am not familiar enough with the area to know where it is so i am looking at the atlas and the mapquest alot. any suggestions are welcome.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 AM

119 posts, read 558,914 times
personally i would suggest somewhere in the Madison/Union county area (Plain City/London) because you are within 30 minutes from downtown Columbus, yet still out in the country

Old 05-27-2008, 12:59 PM

12 posts, read 36,976 times
The biggest question is on which side of Columbus is your husband working? You don't want him to drive through or all the way around Columbus every day to get to work. That would be bad. You will want to live on the same side as his job. On the north side you may want to look into Olentangy school system. That covers a lot of area but most of it is rural. Stay away from Delaware schools. On the South East side you may want to look at Canal Winchester. Rural feel but good schools. Johnstown on the north east corner is even more rural but nice. I haven't heard anything good about the south side or it's schools so I can't help you with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus