Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 10:28 AM

65 posts, read 91,760 times

Advertisements

I am facing a conundrum related to the recent purchase of a vehicle. About 3 weeks ago, I bought a vehicle for about $37000 from Capital Kia in Columbus, OH.

To my surprise I haven't yet received the title via mail (which usually takes place within 2 weeks), so about a 3 days ago I did contact the sales person regarding the fact that I have not received the title and was told that he would look into that matter and then get back with me soon -- I still haven't heard back from him (it has been about 3 days).

Given that I need to travel out of the State soon and my temporary tags will expire in a few weeks, I went to the county Title Office in order to obtain a document stating that I am the owner the vehicle and then in possession of this document I could go to the local dmv and buy the plates for the vehicle. Problem be that once I arrived at the Title Office was told that the vehicle still is in Capital Kia's name, and not in my name.
So far, I have tried to reach out the dealership via phone and text and nobody has returned my calls or messages. I have the feeling that something is very rotten in the state of Denmark. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 10:35 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
physically go to the dealership and don't leave until you are comfortable they've dealt with the issue.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:09 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,146,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk3000 View Post
I am facing a conundrum related to the recent purchase of a vehicle. About 3 weeks ago, I bought a vehicle for about $37000 from Capital Kia in Columbus, OH.

To my surprise I haven't yet received the title via mail (which usually takes place within 2 weeks), so about a 3 days ago I did contact the sales person regarding the fact that I have not received the title and was told that he would look into that matter and then get back with me soon -- I still haven't heard back from him (it has been about 3 days).

Given that I need to travel out of the State soon and my temporary tags will expire in a few weeks, I went to the county Title Office in order to obtain a document stating that I am the owner the vehicle and then in possession of this document I could go to the local dmv and buy the plates for the vehicle. Problem be that once I arrived at the Title Office was told that the vehicle still is in Capital Kia's name, and not in my name.
So far, I have tried to reach out the dealership via phone and text and nobody has returned my calls or messages. I have the feeling that something is very rotten in the state of Denmark. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Did you actually pay for the car in cash or did you get a loan? If you got a loan, the bank is going to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed or they're not going to release money to the dealership.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:23 AM

65 posts, read 91,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
Did you actually pay for the car in cash or did you get a loan? If you got a loan, the bank is going to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed or they're not going to release money to the dealership.
Actually, I paid in cash. I was in a hurry to get the plates due to the fact that I would have to travel out of the State in two days' time. They are a large and reputable dealership, so it was strange when I went to the dmv to obtain a "title substitute" and then the plates and found out that the vehicle was not in my name yet. Did as bjimmy24 suggested and went to the dealership (long drive...) the next day and they assured me that they would expedite the title transfer, but still I had to travel the next day -- in my past experience the name transfer does not take longer than a week. Ended up travelling with a different vehicle though. I am still out of town, and I asked them to mail the title to my address in Columbus, OH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: