Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2024, 01:11 PM

20 posts, read 13,949 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Columbus area. I am searching in Dublin, Powell, and Lewis Center, but it's challenging to find a house under $700K with a fence. Could you recommend a city with good schools and fenced yards? Also, if you live in a house without a fence, how do you safely let your dog run off-leash?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2024, 02:43 PM

14,813 posts, read 14,812,910 times
If you see a house you really like, you can spend a few extra thousand to get it fenced later. In a town like Dublin, you just apply for a permit with a city which shouldn’t be more than a couple hundred bucks. Just make sure you have the property lines mapped out correctly so there are no issues with neighbors later.

Old 06-18-2024, 05:35 AM

11,088 posts, read 12,604,717 times
My house in North Linden for $200k has a fully fenced back yard, and it's not small either, property is about a quarter acre. Can't imagine shelling out $700k and not even getting a decent fence.

Old 06-18-2024, 08:13 AM

20 posts, read 13,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
If you see a house you really like, you can spend a few extra thousand to get it fenced later. In a town like Dublin, you just apply for a permit with a city which shouldn’t be more than a couple hundred bucks. Just make sure you have the property lines mapped out correctly so there are no issues with neighbors later.
I thought there were restrictions on fences from the HOA. In Michigan, newer homes have the same fence restriction from the HOA, and you can only install a fence if you have a pool. I will check with my realtor.
Thank you!

Old 06-18-2024, 09:17 AM

14,813 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sha3205 View Post
I thought there were restrictions on fences from the HOA. In Michigan, newer homes have the same fence restriction from the HOA, and you can only install a fence if you have a pool. I will check with my realtor.
Thank you!
I would think that only applies if you live in a HOA community, but yes if so you’d be correct.

Old 06-18-2024, 09:19 AM

7,099 posts, read 9,029,327 times
In my area the McMansion HOAs are insane. I know a guy in my area who has been dealing with a HOA that is demanding that he remove an oak tree and replace it with an Elm tree. Other people have been told they have to park in the garage and not the driveway because their cars were not luxurious enough. Most of them have an invisible fence to keep the dogs in the yard.

Old 06-19-2024, 03:24 PM

604 posts, read 233,851 times
Maybe get an invisible fence? Dublin subdivisions rarely allow fences of any kind and I don't blame them. Too many put up nice looking privacy fences and then 5 years later half of them are missing boards, leaning 15 degrees off center and in dire need of paint/stain.

Old Today, 10:36 AM

633 posts, read 845,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sha3205 View Post
We are planning to move to the Columbus area. I am searching in Dublin, Powell, and Lewis Center, but it's challenging to find a house under $700K with a fence. Could you recommend a city with good schools and fenced yards? Also, if you live in a house without a fence, how do you safely let your dog run off-leash?
You're not going to get a fence in Dublin. It's against City Code. There are a few older properties that are grandfathered in but chances of hitting one of those is slim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: