Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times

Advertisements

Here are some shots from Victorian Village.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM

7 posts, read 55,753 times
Great photos Dissenter!...it's good to see some recent photos of Columbus, OH cause alot can change yearly. If any one can post some new & recent photos or maybe if you plan on taking a trip snap some shot & post them in here. I plan on visiting soon & exploring the town before I decide to move there.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,046,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi526 View Post
Wow...maybe we don't want to move there. Scary pics.
What pics were scary??

Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 AM

3 posts, read 12,696 times
Sorry but the photos I referred to are not here. I don't see them and I am not sure how that can be. I remember seeing these also but I saw others as well. That was some time ago, though.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Picture Thread-100_2460.jpg
This historic marker caught my eye near Mt.Carmel hospital in Columbus its about the permnent peace in Ohio with the Indians with future President William Henry Harrison and as legends have it had been cursed by the Indians thus his premature death.

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 10-27-2012 at 07:28 AM..

Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Picture Thread-100_2459.jpg

No tread on Columbus would be complete without a picture of WODDY HAYES and a cold beer at the VC next door....

Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,427,869 times
Time to turn this photo thread: into a photo thread. This is Old North Columbus, which competes with Cincinnati's Northside for most hipster neighborhood in Ohio. Regardless, it's one of the best in the state, nay, Midwest.

MAP

Arch City.

Just another day in the neighborhood.

The Library, as is the case in Minneapolis, is actually a bar (this one is hands down the better of the two).

Kafe Kerouac: coffeeshop, bookstore, record shop, with DJ's on some Saturdays.

Notice that the Asian language on the window is Korean, not Japanese.

Taj Bar is great: live music, Indian food, and Indian beers. You go upstairs and it's a converted living room with double sliding doors.

Alana's is one of the best restaurants in the city. Trained under Emeril, you know.

Hear good things, but still haven't been for some reason.

Blue Nile also has a lunch buffet. I recommend it.

Johnny Oak's: the real deal. *Update* Sadly, the only cajun joint around specializing in po'boys no longer has a brick and mortar restaurant: you have to go a couple miles Downtown to find their truck. I think they have alligator sometimes and the menu is daily and has more variety.

Most popular hookah lounge.

Weird building.

Faye's has مواد غذائية عربية

...Across the the street.

Why not?

The Dube. An evening diner must.

A couple of retail spots were built out from the front of North Campus Video.

A slice of suburban heaven.

Jack & Benny's is a breakfast fave. I just can't get up early enough.

The two spots on the right were casualties of months long road/sewage improvements.

You read right.

Sunflower also couldn't withstand the lengthy sewer/road improvements.

Miani's with a different name. *Update* Sloopy's is no more, thank God. The northernmost outpost for bro douchebags has been replaced by a new live music venue with a chill crowd (neighborhood locals vs. lowest common denominator dorm rats) and some great beers on tap.

Hounddog's Pizza (some of the best in the city) and Ravari Room: a part of a good night out.

Ooh, a CVS.

Something new.

What a shame. *Update* A much higher quality and local burger joint, indisputably better than Five Guys, opened up here and has been thriving.

End of the line!

Before heading out east to the little, but compelling, commercial nodes tucked away from the main drag we'll take a little detour in Glen Echo South which is a residential area adjacent to locales on Summit St. It's right up against Glen Echo Park which has a small ravine for those who need a little escape from the mostly flat landscape.

The eastern interior of Old North Columbus centered on Summit St boasts some great destinations for those venturing off of High St. Here we head off of High down Duncan St to up Indianola to Arcadia and down Summit where you come across SoHud and Washington Beach. Further south is Iuka Ravine which is a rarity in the area for its relative peace & quiet and being not flat at all.

Yes, Ledo's makes pizza. Never had it and likely never will. *Update* Mikey's Late Night Slice moved in and although I never had Ledo's there's no doubt it was an improvement: they're sticking to just doing the bar thing.

New shisha place for OSU fans.

Very divey bar. Turns out it's a gay bar, despite the description I found that it has "mixed" crowd, unless they meant different kinds of gay guys.

A former commercial space perhaps?

Duncan is lined with speed humps. I don't need to slow down on my bike, but the parts of the edges have eroded from this winter leaving small potholes.

Driver who went out of their way to block the wheelchair ramp. What a dick.

A typical residential street off of Duncan.

Another random commercial space on Duncan.

Now we're on Indianola.

Couple shots of Glen Echo.

Downtown SoHud.

Wild Goose Creative hosts a wide variety of events.

Old school dive bar from the not-so-good old days.

A little corner park.

Downtown Washington Beach

Night shot.

Extreme Weiners operates inside of local dive bar Cafe Bourbon Street (you know it's a dive when the ceiling panels are falling on patrons) and it's worth it: they even make some tasty falafel tacos.

Now a few shots of Iuka Ravine from Indianola. See? Columbus is not flat as a pancake (in parts).

And lastly Ruby Tuesday. No, not the chain: this is much better, but they serve live music and booze. I think there's a menu, but I forget (it's been a little while). Cash only.

Hope you enjoyed!

Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 AM

189 posts, read 399,673 times
Awesome Old North pics. I have a few pictures of the side streets just before the leaves fell that I'll try to upload.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,430,954 times
Thanks for the pics of my old hood... haha United Foodland and Cafe Bourbon street were right across the street from me! Haha you really caught the essence of the neighborhood- Dirty Dungarees, the plasma bank, taco bell, and then places like Blue Danube, Scarlet and Gray, and the Blue Nile were some of my favorites.I feel like I need to be eating pokey stix while looking at these pictures.

Though I don't think it's really that hipstery. Def are histers, but also lots of OSU students and Cbus natives.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 PM

7 posts, read 55,753 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus