U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 AM

3 posts, read 9,083 times

Advertisements

For some reason, on-line apartment searches do not seem to allow one to restrict searches to *only* studios or to some *maximum* square footage. Anyhow, I am looking for a efficiency suite, as I much *prefer* having my living space condensed into one room (and, indeed, ceteris paribus would be willing to pay *more* for an efficiency over a one bedroom) -- but, in particular, I am looking for something comfortable, quiet, safe, and well-maintained. I can't specify necessary and sufficient conditions on "luxury"; it's more a gestalt -- but think recently remodeled with modern appliances and a general light, open feel. Pluses include features like central air, W/D hook-up, private entrance, balcony...and, of course, the more effective sound-proofing, the better.

Since nice, up-to-date studios are hard to find, I appreciate recommendations in any area of the city.

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 03:53 PM

90 posts, read 258,455 times
I lived the Dallas/Fort Worth area before I moved to Columbus, ohio in 1990 and I found Columbus apartments to be much older and most require a 1-year lease and electric is extra. In Fort Worth, Texas I had a 6 month lease and all bills paid. I'd stick to the SE area if you can. West Columbus is getting really bad.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,456,310 times
Quote:
I lived the Dallas/Fort Worth area before I moved to Columbus, ohio in 1990 and I found Columbus apartments to be much older and most require a 1-year lease and electric is extra. In Fort Worth, Texas I had a 6 month lease and all bills paid. I'd stick to the SE area if you can. West Columbus is getting really bad.
While Columbus has many historic buildings I would not listen to advice from a poster who lived here 20 years ago. Much has changed.

I would agree that west Columbus is not the place to live. But there are many luxury apartments/ studios. Since 2000 many new build condos/studios populate downtown and there's a lot of renovated lofts.

This will rent for over $1,000 typically. There are some luxury apartment complexes around the city as well. I think I can help you better if you are more specific about what area of the city you want or what kind of area?

Off the top of my head would be the Short North and downtown for a nice luxury efficiency. It sounds as though you want something usually referred to as a "loft" and that is "urban." This type of efficicency/studio would be almost non-existent in the outer ring area of Columbus or suburbs. I would look in downtown and the downtown area neighborhoods.

Many of these efficiency lofts are for rent by private owners that rent out their condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: