Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 PM

394 posts, read 1,430,341 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure the user name gives it away but I'm a big Steelers fan. Are all of the games shown on TV here? A few of the games are on the same time/channel as Browns and Bengals games so I'm wondering if they get precedent over the Steelers games.

If there are any Steelers fans on this forum, how do you plan to watch the games this year? I would like to get NFL sunday ticket through directTV, but my apartment company only allows cable services to be installed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,108 times
steelersfan09, you can come sit in the dawg pound with us.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:22 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,043 times
Check out a couple of the gay bars. Pittspuke fans are known to congregate in establishments such as that.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:26 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
LMAO!

Steelersfan, don't worry too much. There are plenty of Steeler fans in the Columbus area, as many people from Pittsburgh live in Columbus. I wouldn't doubt that you can get Steeler games almost any Sunday out of the year. Unless you have NFL Ticket, I am not sure how much you can catch of your home team. I am from Philly, so I only get to watch the Eagles if it is shown nationally. Sometimes getting the Bengals here in Dayton is hard enough.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:08 PM

33 posts, read 172,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 View Post
A few of the games are on the same time/channel as Browns and Bengals games so I'm wondering if they get precedent over the Steelers games.

Of course they would get precedence. It is Ohio afterall, damn funny thing they have of showing the local games over the out of state ones as long as blackout isn't in place.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
steelersfan09, you can come sit in the dawg pound with us.
Doesn't sound like a very hospitable environment to me.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaXVI View Post
Of course they would get precedence. It is Ohio afterall, damn funny thing they have of showing the local games over the out of state ones as long as blackout isn't in place.
I've met a large amount of Steelers fans here, and the distance from here to Pittsburgh isn't drastically different than that of Columbus to Cleveland or Columbus to Cincinnati. It was simply a question.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 View Post
I've met a large amount of Steelers fans here, and the distance from here to Pittsburgh isn't drastically different than that of Columbus to Cleveland or Columbus to Cincinnati. It was simply a question.
To which I gave a simple answer.

The "lines" may say that X city is in the home market of another team as often is the case with MLB and other sports (who knows how they come up with this ****) but the "home" team is going to get preference in that market regardless of how many fans for said team live within the home team market.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM

So if you were a Steelers fan, and couldn't get DirectTV at your apartment, what would you recommend?

Old 08-09-2009, 08:30 PM

I assure you that if you just check around your neighbors etc. I would be willing to bet you can find a Steelers fan.

I see one of my neighbors has a huge GO STEELERS banner hanging in his garage and you used to be able to listen to Steelers Radio on 103.9 FM but since they aren't a sports station anymore I don't know if they carry the games or not.

The only other option is simply to find a bar or a Hooters or something that has D* and go there to watch the game.

It won't be as hard as you think to find a game or place to watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus