Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 PM

122 posts, read 197,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
If the computer didn't come with recovery CD's then you have a recovery partition on the hard drive which is access by a keystroke when you first turn the computer on, HP is usually F11 IIRC.

Yep it sure does have a recovery partition does not work blue screen every time i try it

Vista wasn't built without anything, installation DVD's exist but OEM's like HP are not required to provide one with a new PC, they will come with either a recovery partition as mentiond above or a utility to create your own DVD's which people usually don't do. Also to fix your install you need a Vista DVD, not an XP or Windows 7 DVD, why they told you that I have no clue, it's wrong.

Did them an have all 17 in perfect order, not to load just to boot with they said

You can get a hard drive from bestbuy or any local or online computer parts retailer, but I still highly suggest you find a reputable shop, you may not even need a new drive. As I said it is not Microsofts responsibility to support you, it's HP's (but your out of warranty so they don't have to help you either), if Microsoft is talking to you at all without charging you consider yourself lucky. As you have your data backed up try running the recovery using F11, if you can't figure it out look on HP's website, they have instructions for their computers.

I do count myself lucky with Microsoft but This time HP has let me down

Have done it a few times through the yrs as a few other things to my computers, I'm not completely computer suave but I can do a few things lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Post Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't know where you got your info from, but you cannot repair a Vista installation with a Windows 7 disk.
Well Microsoft says you can

Old 06-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Talking Sorry no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Have you seen this solution?

YouTube - Vista STOP 0X0000C1F5 BSOD Fix

Of course, it involves you being somewhat technical and having a PC that you can use to burn a CD.

No burner a little technical an can follow directions like nobody's biz

Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Wink Your right

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippi View Post
He doesn't need a recovery partition he needs a windows 7 install CD. The reason they told him to use it is simple, it will resolve the problem he has. Quit posting incorrect info and accept Windows 7 installation CDs will fix the problem. Microsoft recommends it because it's the best fix for the problem, why have him reinstall Vista and all his programs when he can burn a cd, boot off it, and reboot.

In the event the OP comes back and says the proven fix for this problem doesn't work then we can start recommending plan Bs and more drastic measures.

SHE doesn't need recovery true. I need a windows 7 CD. I will come back an let y'all know what the fix is if an when it happens. Y'all have been so helpful

Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM

Wink Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
If you decide to ditch windows in itself, you can check out Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu
I love Linux; it has many free programs that are comparable in use as Windows programs.
Best of all....free and none of the frequent worries with viruses.

Do they have a learn Linux for dummies. Ive been on Hp Microsoft for like a million yrs. lol

Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
You have tried the following?

Windows Vista Locks Up, Freezes, or a Blue Screen Error Opens HP Pavilion Media Center m8200n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Post Thank you again

They did try those steps with me on the 2nd call The computer wont go past the safe mode screen then when it starts to boot blue screen again. It is an up date issue I know for sure it started right after I restarted for the service pk for vista.

http://search.microsoft.com/results....S&q=0x0000c1f5 This is what they have on there support site same problem as what I am having, not really helpful at all but It told me that it happened alot.

Last edited by PeacenHarmony; 07-01-2010 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: forgot link

Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,210,087 times
Isn't Microsoft great??

I haven't had something this extreme but IMO Vista is bloated POS.....like oh about half of the OSs MS has spewed out (and which people stupidly keep buying despite a real need).

Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Have you tried the full system restore instead of the overlay system restore? If formats the primary partition and returns the computer to day one out of the box.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 AM

269 posts, read 910,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacenHarmony View Post
SHE doesn't need recovery true. I need a windows 7 CD. I will come back an let y'all know what the fix is if an when it happens. Y'all have been so helpful
My apologies, wasn't paying close attention. You state you don't have a burner, so do you have a Flash/USB drive that's larger than 4 gigs? If so there's a way to boot off that for most computers. If not you can try calling Microsoft and getting a trial version of Windows 7 shipped to you, reference KB970101 and maybe they will waive the shipping fee (normally a few bucks). HP would be the next step if MS doesn't get it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers