Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times

Advertisements

I hooked up a Logitech web cam on my win xp pro desktop via the usb. I'm using win live and cannot get any mic sound whether it's through the cam or a separate mic. Have been through the nine yards of checking sound recording, reloading the software for live and win sound and still nothing. I've reloaded my usb drivers and still nothing. Any more suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Try opening up the Volume control panel to make sure that the microphone is not muted. You might also want to check to see if the microphone appears in the Sound control panel, under the "Audio" tab (look in the middle section entitled "sound recording.")

If this does not work, and if you have a regular input jack for headphones/audio, you could try an older microphone that has an older audio plug, rather than a USB plug.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
Try opening up the Volume control panel to make sure that the microphone is not muted. You might also want to check to see if the microphone appears in the Sound control panel, under the "Audio" tab (look in the middle section entitled "sound recording.")

If this does not work, and if you have a regular input jack for headphones/audio, you could try an older microphone that has an older audio plug, rather than a USB plug.

Hope this helps.
tried all those things. maybe I need a new sound card.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
tried all those things. maybe I need a new sound card.
That might be the case. Any chance you have a friend who has a working sound card? If so, put his or hers in your machine, and see if that solves the problem. If so, you need a new sound card. If not, you might have another problem altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers