Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,714 times

Advertisements

Ive been receiving error messages such as: Windows cant fiind my hard drive, hard drive missing/hard drive not found, damaged hard drive clusters detected. Along with RAM memory failure, RAM usage critically high.

Im good at deleting history, disk clean up, and things like that. The System Deframenter MFC Application is the first way I tried to defag the computer with. When I tried the system defragmenter it came up with 5 cleaned items and 5 uncleaned items. Upon trying it again it only showed the problematic issues. Not its prompting me to buy some product. Its called DefragHDDRepair module. Is this the only way to fix the problems??

I then went to the control panel and went through the defrag option under Admin Tools. Did the motions twice but Im still getting the same error messages every 5-10 seconds. Lastly every 15 or so minutes I seem to have to restart the comp due to a ....error occurring while indexing data stored on hard drive. Is that partly due to the hard drive issues??

Is my comp doomed??? How can i fix it?? Just to let you know a lil history of the comp. Its a Dell N5010 4GB RAM i3 CPU @ 2.27 GHz. I do alot of surfing, movie watching over the net at site: Youtube, MegaVideo, Letmewatchthis, and have downloaded over 500 song and movie files from Limewire. I most recently downloaded Frostwire due to the face Limewire is now under court junction to stop file sharing.

Well any help is good!! PLz help. Thanks

Last edited by FastFerrari; 10-28-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 01:04 PM

16,593 posts, read 15,525,079 times
I'm thinking you have a malware infection. DefranHDDRepair is not a Microsoft file. This falls into the category of RansomWare. Download Malwarebytes and clean it off. Then read a bunch of threads here to see what happened to other people.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,003,023 times
Do what mensaguy said. If that doesn't help, and you see yourself spending hours on it... it's not worth it. Sometimes it's just easier and quicker to reformat and restore your data from backups.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:58 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,514,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Ive been receiving error messages such as: Windows cant fiind my hard drive, hard drive missing/hard drive not found, damaged hard drive clusters detected. Along with RAM memory failure, RAM usage critically high.

Im good at deleting history, disk clean up, and things like that. The System Deframenter MFC Application is the first way I tried to defag the computer with. When I tried the system defragmenter it came up with 5 cleaned items and 5 uncleaned items. Upon trying it again it only showed the problematic issues. Not its prompting me to buy some product. Its called DefragHDDRepair module. Is this the only way to fix the problems??

I then went to the control panel and went through the defrag option under Admin Tools. Did the motions twice but Im still getting the same error messages every 5-10 seconds. Lastly every 15 or so minutes I seem to have to restart the comp due to a ....error occurring while indexing data stored on hard drive. Is that partly due to the hard drive issues??

Is my comp doomed??? How can i fix it?? Just to let you know a lil history of the comp. Its a Dell N5010 4GB RAM i3 CPU @ 2.27 GHz. I do alot of surfing, movie watching over the net at site: Youtube, MegaVideo, Letmewatchthis, and have downloaded over 500 song and movie files from Limewire. I most recently downloaded Frostwire due to the face Limewire is now under court junction to stop file sharing.

Well any help is good!! PLz help. Thanks
I have, and will always, tell users to not do this. Asking for trouble.

If you want to defrag after you (hopefully) get the problem resolved use Defraggler

Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,003,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have, and will always, tell users to not do this. Asking for trouble.

If you want to defrag after you (hopefully) get the problem resolved use Defraggler
I agree... Anything other than the traditional usernet, irc, and bittorrent methods are risky. Limewire just plain stinks.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,507,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I agree... Anything other than the traditional usernet, irc, and bittorrent methods are risky. Limewire just plain stinks.
If I can speak for TF I think he probably meant all the methods of downloading pirated songs/movies are risky.

Have you checked the System Event log to see if you have any hard drive errors? The drive may actually be going bad.

Spot PC Trouble Early With Windows' Event Viewer

If you want to check for malware try Malware Bytes, it is the best out there right now and is free.

Malwarebytes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers