Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 12:47 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,856,642 times

Advertisements

In a similar (180 degree) manner as what is happening to
//www.city-data.com/forum/19453743-post1.html
I have this happening to me.
See attached pic ...

When I click on it there is the following in it:
A folder named [1500.enu]
When I click on that,
no cigar ...

Win 7 Pro

Anybody have any idea ???

TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Phantom drive ?-huh.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,584 times
That probably would be the "Application Virtualisation" drive required by the Click-To-Run technology connected with Office 2010

Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
That probably would be the "Application Virtualisation" drive required by the Click-To-Run technology connected with Office 2010
Aha ...
(like I now know what to do .... )

I tried to install Office, but decided to remove it, which I have NOT been able to do .
I have no idea why I can NOT remove the whole thing.
Reason I want to remove, is because it did not work, properly.
*Hangs up*, after a while ....

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Aha ...
(like I now know what to do .... )

I tried to install Office, but decided to remove it, which I have NOT been able to do .
I have no idea why I can NOT remove the whole thing.
Reason I want to remove, is because it did not work, properly.
*Hangs up*, after a while ....

Thanks for the answer anyway.
How did you install Office 2010 initially (the installation source), licensed copy from a CD, demo version from a CD, torrent download, etc?

I have never messed with Office 2010 but why can't you remove (uninstall) it? If it not even launching the uninstallation process or giving you an error during the process or ...?

Once you get rid of Office 2010, that drive created with the virtualization feature should vanish as well. Perhaps may be you could get rid of it via Disk Manager utility as well?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
How did you install Office 2010 initially (the installation source), licensed copy from a CD, demo version from a CD, torrent download, etc?

I have never messed with Office 2010 but why can't you remove (uninstall) it? If it not even launching the uninstallation process or giving you an error during the process or ...?

Once you get rid of Office 2010, that drive created with the virtualization feature should vanish as well. Perhaps may be you could get rid of it via Disk Manager utility as well?
Demo version.

When I try to un-install, it sits there for a while, I can see the HD light flickering (So I know it is doing something), then this note comes up to contact my Network administrator. Uhmm , I am the only one at my home ...
It does not bother me, actually, because I have enough *space* available.

The original *Microsoft Works*, still does everything I want.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Demo version.

When I try to un-install, it sits there for a while, I can see the HD light flickering (So I know it is doing something), then this note comes up to contact my Network administrator. Uhmm , I am the only one at my home ...
It does not bother me, actually, because I have enough *space* available.

The original *Microsoft Works*, still does everything I want.
So following the simple, standard method as shown here was no dice?

Well, due to lack of knowledge with Office 2010, I hesitate to guide you on this but a quick search on the net revealed that you are far from the only one having issues of this sort with demo version of Office 2010.

I would advise trying Revo Uninstaller (download the free version not the pro version).

Using Revo Uninstaller, default uninstallation mode is "moderate" and it should be more than enough. Please try this cool freebie and let me know if worked for you or not.

Worst case scenario, I will download (assuming it is available) the demo version of Office 2010 on my virtual machine and create a manual removal process instructions o you and those other who are having the same issue can benefit from it.
Only caveat is that if you have any other Office products installed, there is a change they might get corrupt and may require a re-install.

Anyhow, let me know the outcome of using Revo Uninstall first please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers