Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times

Advertisements

I got this gem this morning:

I had to pay a computer repairman $891 to redo everything I paid you to do, including installing the modem correctly. Now my computer works with memory down to 21% and no system crashes whatsoever.

The issues I had were profound. I almost lost these accounts and have lost other accounts as well as my clients not paying the $49,000 because of all the computer issues I had. Strange things happen when all of your memory is leaking out, and that is what showed up on the blue screen view you had up prior to taking off, port conflict with the modem and sound card. Not only has this destroyed my relationship with my main clients, but I have had to work 20+ hours a day when it only takes 6-8 and missed several doctors appointments and had serious issues left untreated, namely my cancer checkups and treatment along with my heart and much needed pain management and other issues, but that is just to name a few. I have had such profound computer issues that I have not had time to take care of anything else, which has cost me a great deal. I was so tied up that I could not even finish my disability claims, so I have been paying a fortune for medical care needlessly. I still cannot believe my life was turned upside down because you did not configure the modem, well that was the main one and few other simple items, so simple I did not even think to check given you should have known. Had it not been for new phone lines and extremely poor sound quality from the modem knocking out my sound card, I do not think I would have thought the obvious. Gosh, all those times I had the phone company out checking the phone lines and that cost alone is ridiculous. However, the very least you could have done was modem in that weekend. You knew what was causing the issues and yet you just took off and would do nothing all week. That is what has me so upset. It is extremely poor customer service and sloppy installations/work. When my clients report an issue, I do my absolute best to resolve it to their satisfaction as fast as I can with a professional attitude, not well if you do not like it go somewhere else type of thing you gave me. I booked time with you, let you know what I needed done so that you could schedule enough time and paid for a service, and you split without resolving it, just saying it was impossible.

--------

She could never demonstrate these problems in my presence, just report them in rambling, incoherent emails that sounded like they were written by a meth-head with access to a computer glossary and Google. When I ran the BSoD Analyzer, it didn't show any BSoDs. Then she claimed to have cleared the logs before I arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:10 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I got this gem this morning:

"The issues I had were profound."
"No, honey, you still have issues and they are definitely profound".

Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
"No, honey, you still have issues and they are definitely profound".
Hahaha, seriously. It sound like she's not capable of owning and operating a computer, and/or has some serious mental issues.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
"It's not my fault, and I'll spend 20 hours a day looking for crazy **** to prove it instead of all the things I'm supposed to be doing, then blame it on you."

I've had a couple of these. Run Forest, run!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 PM

I'd like to know what the other person supposedly did for $891.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
She kills computers by cigarette smoke and cat hair and about a year ago her old XP machine was deathly slow, likely from a failing hard drive.
I have smoked around my computers for over 30 years and have NEVER had a problem that was attributed to cigarette smoke.

I have read those "studies" and IMHO they are blowing smoke

Granted I never keep a system for more than 3 years.....

Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I have smoked around my computers for over 30 years and have NEVER had a problem that was attributed to cigarette smoke.

I have read those "studies" and IMHO they are blowing smoke

Granted I never keep a system for more than 3 years.....
Very OT, but....

You keep your lungs for more than three years.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 PM

38,893 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
I'd like to know what the other person supposedly did for $891.
I wonder if the Geek Squad paid her a visit? This person sounds like she has serious psychosomatic issues, to put it mildly.

I'm actually researching doing that same type of work myself (transcription) since I have experience doing it. However, I seriously doubt I'd have ANY of the same kind of computer issues (real or imagined) that this woman has!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I wonder if the Geek Squad paid her a visit? This person sounds like she has serious psychosomatic issues, to put it mildly.

I'm actually researching doing that same type of work myself (transcription) since I have experience doing it. However, I seriously doubt I'd have ANY of the same kind of computer issues (real or imagined) that this woman has!
I know other transcriptionists they they don't have the kinds of problems she does either. She tries to tell me that she uses her computer in ways no one else does and that's why only she has so many problems. Yet, she could never demonstrate these extraordinary use conditions. I don't consider having 5 apps and a dozen browser tabs open terribly taxing or unusual, especially for an i7 with 12GB of RAM.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,223 times
Quote:
She tries to tell me that she uses her computer in ways no one else does and that's why only she has so many problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers