Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:52 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A powerful card , more likely you have a card that meets the WiFi standards and 9 nearby networks. (receiving requires sensitivity, not power )

10 minutes to hack WEP. The force is weak within your special skills. People with literally no networking skills can hack WEP is less. They have learned how to use Google and read. 10 minutes if you include downloading and burning Backtrack Live CD.
Congratulations on completely failing to understand the difference between being able to use a WEP network and being able to completely take over a WEP network, including all nodes within the network - all while ensuring that there is no forensic trail by which you can be tracked back to.

Oh wait, you think you're anon when you just packet inject? Sucks to be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Congratulations on completely failing to understand the difference between being able to use a WEP network and being able to completely take over a WEP network, including all nodes within the network - all while ensuring that there is no forensic trail by which you can be tracked back to.

Oh wait, you think you're anon when you just packet inject? Sucks to be you.
You said you could 'get in' not hack, and now you seem to be the one that sucked their panties up their opinion hole. Get over yourself dude, no one is impressed.

Tell us again how <<<<<<POWERFUL>>>>>>> your card is, some many have missed being impressed. Running it through a linear amp
What about your car, how 'powerful' is your Prius

Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Quote:
I guess it's worth pointing out that I live in Mercer Island Washington, so there's a considerable distance between houses (to say nothing of the ambient interference that is just part of life in the Seattle area). My laptops, for example, can only pick up 3. If you live in an apartment complex, sure, you can pick up half a building.
No apartment around here...

Old 06-26-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
You said you could 'get in' not hack, and now you seem to be the one that sucked their panties up their opinion hole. Get over yourself dude, no one is impressed.

Tell us again how <<<<<<POWERFUL>>>>>>> your card is, some many have missed being impressed. Running it through a linear amp
What about your car, how 'powerful' is your Prius

You are absolutely correct. I forgot that I was talking to some on the low end of the techie chain who never think about the CMA aspect of doing an action such as popping into someone else's network without permission and thus should have been more clear on what the best practices are as opposed to being a candidate for World's Dumbest Criminals.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
You are absolutely correct. I forgot that I was talking to some on the low end of the techie chain who never think about the CMA aspect of doing an action such as popping into someone else's network without permission and thus should have been more clear on what the best practices are as opposed to being a candidate for World's Dumbest Criminals.
So, I 'pop' your wireless, and you happen to be watching an capture my MAC address. Tell me ol' not so wise one, what the hell you going to do with that? You can now determine what brand of wireless card (it's an Intel ) I have by the first 24 bits of the MAC, or if you have MAC filtering enabled, you have captured one of YOUR own MAC addresses that I spoofed.

Funny your moniker is the name of a failed Jedi that committed suicide

I missed where you explained how <<<<<<<<<<<<powerful>>>>>>>>>> you wireless card is, or did I

Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
So, I 'pop' your wireless, and you happen to be watching an capture my MAC address. Tell me ol' not so wise one, what the hell you going to do with that? You can now determine what brand of wireless card (it's an Intel ) I have by the first 24 bits of the MAC, or if you have MAC filtering enabled, you have captured one of YOUR own MAC addresses that I spoofed.

I missed where you explained how <<<<<<<<<<<<powerful>>>>>>>>>> you wireless card is, or did I
He wouldn't be able to capture your MAC, because you would have spoofed it. Get with it man.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
He wouldn't be able to capture your MAC, because you would have spoofed it. Get with it man.
Get with it man, read the whole damn statement before you decide what I said or understand, and only if it were necessary due to MAC filtering. It is an unnecessary step if MAC filtering isn't implemented, now is it

People's inability to read beyond the first sentence is amazing.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Get with it man, read the whole damn statement before you decide what I said or understand, and only if it were necessary due to MAC filtering. It is an unnecessary step if MAC filtering isn't implemented, now is it

People's inability to read beyond the first sentence is amazing.
Touche, let's blame it on it being 1AM and Glenlivet 18 at the time.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Part of my job (when I deem to take that sort of a contract) is tracking down crackers. If you think the MAC address is the only thing utilized to figure these sorts of things out, well...you largely deserve what you get.

BTW, the "failed Jedi" was named Xanatos, not Xanathos. I never even read the books, and even I know this.

Now run along and go back to cleaning up viruses from Luddite rigs while thinking that qualifies you to be a techie.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,975 times
If I do out of state temp jobs and live temporarily in an Apt sometimes I can't sign up for my own internet so then I have to leech on other people's wifi. Or go to a bookstore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers