U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:27 PM

8,406 posts, read 6,858,067 times

Advertisements

I am very upset. I have been dealing with this for 2 months now. I bought a computer in August. The thing has been acting up since 1 week after I received it. I demanded them to send me a return label so I can return it. Well I saved all my files onto Dell Backup and look later and it didn't save. So I decided to save myself from the hassle. So I tried to work with technical support 2 different times staying on the phone with some guy I bearly understood.

I decided to forget about it since it was only happening once in a while Well fast forward to this month, it happened again and I requested them to refund my credit card. They assured me they could fix it. I thought they had fixed it because it didn't happen again until this week. Now it is happening very often. The screen goes dark blue while I am working. They tried to reload operating system, hardware diagnostic and virus scan. Well I tried tech support again yesterday. They had me on the phone for two hours.

I called today and demanded a return slip. They gave me all this different express code numbers and told me the return department wouldn't be open until
Monday and I will assume they will continue to give me BS.

I called my credit card company and told them I wanted to dispute it but they told me it could take 60 days but I must return the computer which leaves me without a computer. I asked them if I purchased another computer like a Apple ionce I returned the computer how would that work? They told me there is no guarantee that Dell will credit my account.

I am sick of their horrible customer service. I've had 3 other Dell's and they work great. Never had to deal with Dell on this level.

Anyone experience this issue? I need some advice. I am so frustrated . By the way, the computer is a Insipiron One Touch all in One desk top.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,092,827 times
As someone who used to work at a BBB and handled complaints (I also have an extensive background in customer service at the retail level), my best advice to you is to fight your way to the top of the food chain -- i.e., keep demanding to talk to a manager until you get one who will help you resolve your situation.

Here's some additional ideas from another frustrated Dell consumer:

How to File a Successful Complaint Against Dell Computers

Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 27,155,090 times
If the English of the support person is so poor that I can't understand them. I hang up and call back until I get someone that speaks true English. This is not just a Dell problem, far too many companies farm the script readers off to people that speak unintelligible substitute for English.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:47 AM

28,778 posts, read 44,795,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If the English of the support person is so poor that I can't understand them. I hang up and call back until I get someone that speaks true English. This is not just a Dell problem, far too many companies farm the script readers off to people that speak unintelligible substitute for English.
I agree. You'll probably spend less time on hold than you waste trying to understand someone from India or Pakistan or wherever the Hell they send the money that should be kept in our country.

I did this the last time I had an HP problem (I also have a hearing problem so I really can't understand them) and I eventually got some guy named Steve in the USA. I asked if he had a direct number and he didn't have one. They all answer from a telephone pool so it is random.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 AM

14,865 posts, read 16,916,262 times
The next time you get a blue screen can you write down exactly what it tells you? curious...

Old 11-22-2011, 05:15 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,673,975 times
How to deal with dell? Take the piece of c**p out into the street, and run over it in your car!

And never buy dell again of course.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
How to deal with dell? Take the piece of c**p out into the street, and run over it in your car!

And never buy dell again of course.
That's mature

Actually since I posted my previous I had a hard drive go out in a Dell laptop, had my information line up (service codes, etc.) and after about 10 minutes with an agent I could understand the replacement drive was on the way.

Drive arrived the next day, imaged with Windows 7, and I reinstalled software and moved my data back.

About a week later dell called to make sure that everything worked and checked to see if I had any other issues.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Then you have to worry about the air delivery for the last 18 feet.

Camera Catches FedEx Package Tossed Across OKC Couple's Yard - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 PM

15,921 posts, read 19,193,254 times
Quote:

Perfect example of "air delivery"

Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,673,975 times
Quote:
That's mature

Actually since I posted my previous I had a hard drive go out in a Dell laptop, had my information line up (service codes, etc.) and after about 10 minutes with an agent I could understand the replacement drive was on the way.

Drive arrived the next day, imaged with Windows 7, and I reinstalled software and moved my data back.

About a week later dell called to make sure that everything worked and checked to see if I had any other issues.
No but it's effective The worst computers we've ever had were the last Dells. These were £2600 workstations and they were the most unstable buggy pieces of c**p i've had the displeasure of owning. Glad I'm rid of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers