Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

I am so frustrated and I hope someone can help.

I need help adding pictures from Photobucket to a forum. I write a story on a forum and store my photos in Photobucket. On my old computer I was able to keep my photobucket page open in a small window and my post from the forum open in another small window. Then I was able to go back and forth between the two. I would write some of my story, go into PB and copy a picture, go back to my post, add the picture, write some more and do it again about 20 more times.

Now on my Mac:

I tried to hit the green minus to keep my photobucket page up but when I tried to go to my forum page I only got Safari and then it closed my photobucket page.

So then I tried ot use the scroll between pages to go back and forth between my post and photobucket. I got my story started, went into PB, copied a picture and pasted it onto my story then I scrolled back to PB to get a new picture...but when I scrioled back my entire post was gone. It didn't save anything that I typed or added. This will not work for me. There has to be an easier way...heck just a way to do it would make me happy.

So please if anyone knows how to do this, I would really appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Either open a new tab (⌘-T) or open a new window (⌘-N).

Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
Not sure about Photobucket, but here's how I do it.
In i-Photo i click the yellow- at the top left. It puts i-Photo open on the bottom (in the folder I am working in) right side of my Dock.
I have Safari and i-Photo open (you can see them open on the dock.
You can click on the dock icons and go between applications back and forth.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Just do this:

a. launch safari, and then come to this forum. Leave this window open
b. Under the "File" menu at the top-left of the Safari menu, choose "New Window"
c. When the new window appears on the screen, go to Photobucket on that window, and choose your photo to post in this forum. Leave this window open
d. Now click on any any portion of the window that shows this forum, and post the photo

This way you should have two windows open on your screen, and you can go back and forth between them.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
In windows I would alt+tab between two browser windows, but how do you do that on the Mac? When I have two windows of a program open, Command + tab only switches to another app. It won't switch between windows of same app. How is that done on the mac? My solution to the OP's problem is open one in safari and the other in Firefox and then Command + tab between them.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:25 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,223 times
Use Tabs in Safari. Much easier. Just click on the tab you want to view and the other tabs stay where they are. It's much easier to shift through tabs than fumbling with multiple windows.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
You guys are great. Thank you so much for your help. I finally did and it was all because of your help.

Here is the story I wrote this morning if anyone is interested
//www.city-data.com/forum/22769122-post2486.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Use Tabs in Safari. Much easier. Just click on the tab you want to view and the other tabs stay where they are. It's much easier to shift through tabs than fumbling with multiple windows.
Can you explain that in a KISS format, lol? Where is tabs?

Thank you again. I am so happy.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
In windows I would alt+tab between two browser windows, but how do you do that on the Mac?
Command-Tab switches between apps. Command-` (the tilde key) switches between windows within an app.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Command-Tab switches between apps. Command-` (the tilde key) switches between windows within an app.
Strange. It's not working for me. OSX 10.7.2

Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM

410 posts, read 923,649 times
Wow. I came across this by accident and loved the pictures of Tennessee. Thanks for sharing.....

San Antonio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers