Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Unbelievable.

The line drawing of a *window* which by the way looks like an add for Andersen, Pella, Jeld Wen, or some other window manufacturer, is now Trade marked ???

Pretty soon, we may not be able to write anything with the *word* windows in it ?
Quote:
Windows Trademark Guidelines

Follow these guidelines when referring to Windows-brand products, including but not limited to Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Windows CE, Windows XP, Windows Server, Windows NT, and Windows Mobile.

Companies that create products or services that work with one or more Windows-brand products may reference the applicable Windows-brand product on their product packaging, in documentation, and in marketing materials provided they follow the guidelines outlined on this page.
Windows Trademark Guidelines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 AM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Why are they changing the logo?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why are they changing the logo?
Microsoft explains bland new Windows logo ? The Register

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Perhaps they should be wiser and allow the user to choose the icon as a part of their desktop customization?
Make that available in Themes and let the user select whatever appeals to them (including a penguin or an apple even).

Old 02-22-2012, 05:35 PM

441 posts, read 886,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Have you used it?
Dev preview yes. Waiting for the actual beta, and then the RC

Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Perhaps they should be wiser and allow the user to choose the icon as a part of their desktop customization?
Make that available in Themes and let the user select whatever appeals to them (including a penguin or an apple even).
Excellent idea

Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsandwich View Post
Dev preview yes. Waiting for the actual beta, and then the RC
I am also waiting for the beta, they said late Feb was release but I haven't heard anything yet.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It is recognizable and all I care about is that the software is competent.
That's nice. Of course we all hope the new gen software is competent. We aren't really talking about that.

(I just knew someone was going to say something this. Although I expected worse. Something like "really? Who cares about the stupid logo0? As long as it works" Can't we banter anymore? hehehe)

I think I know the real reason they are doing this. Keep in mind when I say this I love MS and am not an Apple fan.... they are once again following Apple's lead.
I'd bet $100 within 3 years you WILL start to see laptops with... you guessed it: the new Windows logo emblazoned on the lid. And it may even glow blue.
The next next gen Windows phones? Yep. Same thing.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
That's nice. Of course we all hope the new gen software is competent. We aren't really talking about that.

(I just knew someone was going to say something this. Although I expected worse. Something like "really? Who cares about the stupid logo0? As long as it works" Can't we banter anymore? hehehe)

I think I know the real reason they are doing this. Keep in mind when I say this I love MS and am not an Apple fan.... they are once again following Apple's lead.
I'd bet $100 within 3 years you WILL start to see laptops with... you guessed it: the new Windows logo emblazoned on the lid. And it may even glow blue.
The next next gen Windows phones? Yep. Same thing.

"Can't we banter anymore?"

My error. I thought we were bantering.

And, over the years, I have heard vague rumors that some people think the software is not competent. At least, I thought I had heard rumors, suspicions, and accusations. Contentions, even.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
My error. I thought we were bantering.

Quote:
And, over the years, I have heard vague rumors that some people think the software is not competent. At least, I thought I had heard rumors, suspicions, and accusations. Contentions, even.
Pfft. Blasphemy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers