Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM

45,540 posts, read 60,771,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
This has nothing to do with the email provider and it isn't hacking or preventable. It has more to do with how public your email address is. If it's published on the web somewhere, it will be detected and spoofed by spammers.

Email spoofing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That may be. It was just my observation about contacts with gmail accounts. I have two very public email addresses and the yahoo one has been hacked/spoofed once, the other one, with googlemail (not gmail a business application) not at all. Yet.

Going back to the original question, my yahoo mail hasn't changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 04:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,883,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
Yahoo Mail is new and improved this week. The company's CEO is quite proud of it.
No surprise there...... PEOPLE DONT HAVE THIER SENSE OF GOOD ANYMORE AND THINK CRAP IS GOOD!!

If you login to your email account WITH SCRIPTING DISABLED you will be given the choice to go back to the older interface (Before they went to that black garbage)

Good luck!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,566,316 times
I just tried that and it gave me a temporary link to do that but the link did not work!

Some of their troubleshooting tells me to disable my virus program to use yahoo mail. I think I am not going to kill my virus program. I need it more than yahoo mail.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,883,953 times
Hmmmmm try logging on thru this link

http://us.mc1260.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=0

Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 AM

620 posts, read 1,754,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I can't attach files to emails anymore except for the computer with IE8 (work computer I have no control over that) and on the IE8 computer I can only attach ONE.
Not true.....check new version.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...ntl=us&.src=ym

Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 AM

Ummmm....yes it is a problem that many other folks have reported.........how can you tell me it is not true when I see it with my own eyes and others are reporting on the yahoo site?

The only way I got around it was to disable my virus program long enough to allow me to attach an email (one of the yahoo solutions and not a good one if you ask me). I tried all the "other" fixes.

To OPEN an attachment I have to go to an "Applications" folder on the left side of the screen.

I don't anyone who has been able to attach multiple files without zipping them first.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 AM

620 posts, read 1,754,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I don't anyone who has been able to attach multiple files without zipping them first.
Did you or did you not check this new version?

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...ntl=us&.src=ym

Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 AM

All your link did is direct me to the logon screen.
I have the new version that was released last week to my computer; it was completely automatic.
It is a simpler screen with the purple header exactly as described on the yahoo page discussing the release.
I am sorry it does not function properly. I have figured out some workarounds which will allow me to limp along.
Yahoo will become my repository for trash mail going forward.
People have also claimed they have completely lost emails also.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,142,891 times
Default Yahoo email

I had around 55k messages and they threw out all but about 999. Not only that but they stripped away the normal "look" of the email. I've asked but have had no reply. Anybody else seen this?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,487,613 times
Yep, its changed for everyone. Well, everyone who has restarted their browser since the re-design. My dad called me because he couldn't figure out how to reply to a message. Its seems like everyone designing for the web or desktop is now taking cues from phone/tablet software and relying much more on symbols than words. Everyone's just supposed to know what every symbol means. That purple bar is horrible to look at too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers