Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 7,328 times

Advertisements

I have windows 7 Live Photo Gallery. I emailed a bunch of photos to my child's teachers.
Here is my dilemma. I am worried sick!

I sent the photos to ALL of the teachers. However, when I click on "sent mail" to the teacher's emails I sent pics to.
The photos sent open/appear in the teacher's email inbox I sent pics to. with windows live gallery editing/opening options

***** ALL of the usual options I have in windows photo gallery to edit THAT photo ( and ALL of them!!!) When viewing the pic sent Teacher I see, above the pic, I see live gallery options I always see when opening photos in window live Edit, Organize, Or Share---File----Email---Print Slideshow. AND I CAN click on/open ALL of those options in photo sent to Teacher****Does my child's teacher ALSO see these options/links too!!!!

CAN MY KID's TEACHERS NOW VIEW ALL OF THE CONTENTS/PHOTOS IN MY WINDOWS LIVE GALLERY??!!! WHY are they visable in her mail I sent to her???? HHHEELLPPPPP !!!! This has NEVER happened. What did I do? Did permissions need to be set?? Oh Lord!! Signed Super WORRIED and SCARED... BTW.. no nudes ****
*** PRIVACY is my concern

Can they see all contents on my gallery or just the one pic/
if so, how is this possible.. if not why am I seeing all the options in email sent to teachers.
Or ARE they seeing all my pic files?

Thanks a MILLION in advance

Last edited by Just My Thoughts; 03-28-2013 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: post way too long. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,869,462 times
If you're viewing them with photo gallery (regardless of where you're viewing them from) you will have those options. If they open the photo with photo gallery, they will also have these options. What options are you worried about? If you're worried about Edit, Organize, Share, Email, Print, then yes of course they have those options. They have the picture on their computer now, they can do what they want with it. If they want to print it, they can, if they want to email it to someone else, they can. If I download a picture from google image search, I can email that picture or print it or edit it as much as I want. This is no different.

They cannot see anything you did not send to them. If you sent the whole library, they will be able to see the whole library. If you only sent 3 pictures, they will only see 3 pictures.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:37 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
Good job Adyn in understanding that post. I still don't quite get it.
And this was cross posted in "Photography."

:?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,869,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Good job Adyn in understanding that post. I still don't quite get it.
And this was cross posted in "Photography."

:?
I work in desktop support currently, I have to decode these types of things all day

Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 AM

772 posts, read 913,620 times
YES, thats what the "Live" part is.... delete all improper photos ASAP. The same thing happened to me.

You basically give the person live access to your computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers