U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 04:56 PM

40 posts, read 51,214 times

Advertisements

I just tried hooking up my Canon laser printer (MF3010) to my MacBookAir.

I was able to download and install the printer and scanner drivers.

My Mac recognizes the Canon and shows it in the printer list - nevertheless, when I go to do a test page, it does not print…

I am not getting any error messages.

I have shut down and restarted the computer.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 PM

16,782 posts, read 29,548,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose77777 View Post
I just tried hooking up my Canon laser printer (MF3010) to my MacBookAir.

I was able to download and install the printer and scanner drivers.

My Mac recognizes the Canon and shows it in the printer list - nevertheless, when I go to do a test page, it does not print…

I am not getting any error messages.

I have shut down and restarted the computer.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Click on System Preferences (the icon with a set of gears), and look for and open "Print & Scan."

Now look at the "Default Printer" box. If your new printer is not shown there, first click on the arrow (same box) and look for it. If you still don't see it, click on the + icon at the left side of the "Print & Scan" screen, then search for and add the printer so that it should as the default printer.

Depending on which OS version you have, look for instructions here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1800?v...S&locale=en_US

Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 AM

Hi thanks - yes, checked that - the printer shows up there. All drivers have been installed.

Printer is connected securely and functional. I am flat out of ideas at this point - there is no reason it should not print.

Thanks again, FL

Old 11-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Hi thanks - yes, checked that - the printer shows up there. All drivers have been installed.

Printer is connected securely and functional. I am flat out of ideas at this point - there is no reason it should not print.

Thanks again, FL
Did you select the printer as the default printer?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM

yes, this printer is listed in the box labelled "default printer"

Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
yes, this printer is listed in the box labelled "default printer"
Hmmm…that's one I can't help you with. If you have another computer at home, or maybe a friend of yours has one, how about connecting the printer to another computer? Give it a try and see how it goes.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 AM

3,374 posts, read 4,663,657 times
Have you checked for new updates on the printer driver?

That is usually the problem even if it's brand new. It will show, but unless the printer driver is (seemingly continually) updated it won't print.

Or your OS (system) is not compatible with the upgrade, have you read the specs on the printer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or