Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:31 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

I can't answer for why he won't do it but know I have this thought in mind when there is such a suggestion.
The suggestion may seem easy and simple to all of you but I worry that I might screw it up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 09:01 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
I'm not sure it's fair to expect a newer poster to blindly trust someone on the net. I think they're being wise IF they're checking on other sites to confirm what advice is being given here. However, they are clearly over-anxious about messing with the registry. Why not give some advice on what to do if a mistake is made? Can it be undone? Stuff like that might help them overcome their fears.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:25 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to expect a newer poster to blindly trust someone on the net. I think they're being wise IF they're checking on other sites to confirm what advice is being given here. However, they are clearly over-anxious about messing with the registry. Why not give some advice on what to do if a mistake is made? Can it be undone? Stuff like that might help them overcome their fears.
It's probably because robertpasa is far from a new poster on the computer / phone / tablet subs.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:10 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

Backup your Registry first. Then do what I wrote.

Back up the registry - Windows Help

Better?

Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold
I can't answer for why he won't do it but know I have this thought in mind when there is such a suggestion.
The suggestion may seem easy and simple to all of you but I worry that I might screw it up!
Yes thats something we all have to be respectufl of!!!!

SOME PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW AS MUCH AS WE DO AND CUTTING THEM DOWN FOR NOT KNOWING IS NOT RIGHT.....

Old 12-12-2014, 06:53 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Backup your Registry first. Then do what I wrote.

Back up the registry - Windows Help

Better?
Much better!

Old 12-12-2014, 07:37 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes thats something we all have to be respectufl of!!!!

SOME PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW AS MUCH AS WE DO AND CUTTING THEM DOWN FOR NOT KNOWING IS NOT RIGHT.....
Relax, Dude. No one "got cut down".
And I would certainly never recommend (as I've already said) anything on this board that was either very difficult or risky.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Dude overreacts to everything. I've learned to ignore 90% of what they post. Like UPPER CASE really makes a point because they think people pay more attention to it rather that the reality, which is the opposite.

And Dude was referring to my post. The OP has been around here long enough to know you can be trusted. Why make an effort to help someone when it's summarily rejected? My time is worth something as is yours. Why spend it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers