Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 07:26 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,116,337 times

Advertisements

Like the title [edit] doesn't say... Do any of you have terrible experience with Lenovo Warranty Repair? They haven't returned my laptop sent in for repair for a cracked touchscreen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 02:23 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Do you have the tracking number to prove they actually received it? MNF warranty doesn't usually cover cracked screens? Have you contacted them?

Experience? Three business day turnaround in US.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
What does your repair status indicate?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/repairstatus?

Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 PM

I had an initial call and then email service sent. They shipped a FEDEX box to me. I shipped it at a FEDEX center but the FEDEX receipt got erased - bad thermal paper receipts get old and then self-erase themselves. Lenovo called me and can't explain why they are taking so long.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:09 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,505,394 times
These repairs are outsourced, at least they are for Dell, so the prime company, Lenovo in this case, does not have much influence.

Let me tell you my own horror story. Daughter, who was attending Oxford in England at the time, was home for two weeks, in need of a minor repair on her Dell laptop. Dell sent someone out, who could not fix the problem (a minor one with regard to the battery) and told her to send it in. We did, with a promise of turnaround before she had to go back to Oxford. 10 days later, no computer. She went without it. One month later, no computer, and no promise from Dell of anything. Started calling. No real response. BBB complaint. Dell "settled" the complaint without doing much of anything.

Finally, the machine gets returned - bare chassis without HDD (thank goodness she backed up) or battery - quite useless.

Contacted Dell, who accused us of having taken those parts out ourselves! Quite unbelievable. Finally appealed to a nationally known columnist who talks about these things. He contacted Dell, who finally owned up to the disaster and promised a fix. We ordered a new computer FOC from Dell. 10 days later, around the shipping date, they cancelled the order with no reason given. Turns out what we ordered was EOL so they stopped shipping. Made a new order, and finally received it 4 months after the problem began.

Had to send it to Oxford at my expense (not cheap, about $100) and my daughter had to go to London near Heathrow to pick it up herself, due to customs issues, but at least she got the computer.

There is no moral to this story, no suggestions regarding how to protect ourselves against corporate incompetence. We can't.

All we can do is backup, reguarly and often.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:36 AM

Yeah, about 10+ weeks now without my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. It's 4.7W CPU is a low power gem, compared to the i7 Yoga 900 now. I may have to get forceful with Lenovo now.

And Lenovo moderates and edits out bad feedback on their Product reviews, so watch out.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:11 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
I have had an absolutely horrible experience with Lenovo, so much so that I won't buy another product of theirs ever again.

I had a Yoga 2 10" tablet that stopped accepting a charge. It was determined to be under warranty and I sent the notebook in. Got it back fairly quickly but in a similar state - ie it was never fixed. Total elapsed time from initial issue to "repaired" notebook was 6 weeks.

When I called them back again they said I could get a replacement. Believe it or not the Lenovo HQ is in my home town, and they gave me a name/number of a local person at that HQ. I called around 20 times over the span of about a week and left about as many messages.

Eventually I gave up. What I did was go to Best Buy, buy another just like it, and pull all the stickers and such off of it and put them on my notebook, and returned my notebook at the one I had bought new. About six months later I got an email from Lenovo asking if I had been able to contact the person they listed. I wrote a pretty simple email outlining what I did and how they have now pissed off at least two people (me and the next person who bought the notebook with my old one in the box).

As of now the notebook is about 1.5 years old from initial purchase and I had to turn off Windows updates (as in, completely off, it's never been updated) because it breaks the computer when it tries to do so. I just purchased a Macbook and won't go back to Windows computers. "They just work".

Oh well!

Old 07-21-2016, 11:21 AM

Yeah, it seems Lenovo makes awesome laptops but they have aweful service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers