Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 08:06 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,167,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Criminy, some folks need to chill out...and learn to read.

He said the file opened in a browser, ergo, it is not encrypted.

I suspect, that the RSA, AES, etc. files are on the thumb drive in addition to the PDF files and he was confused as to what to do with them. SanDisk includes encryption for its 'SecureDrive' and those files are probably related to that, but not necessary to open the PDFs if they have not been encrypted.

The OP simply lacks the knowledge to describe his issue in a way that everyone can interpret.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, use Windows Explorer to copy the files from one place to another, don't try to do it with Word (Word is for creating/editing documents, not moving them).

Um, no, SanDisk SecureAccess has nothing to do with this.
Since OP doesn't respond/address any of the questions and clarify what she's doing and seeing, she risks spreading the infection... especially since she lacks the knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
OP, use Windows Explorer to copy the files from one place to another, don't try to do it with Word (Word is for creating/editing documents, not moving them).

Can I use Mozilla fire fox? The PDF book files open in Mozilla.

Thank you.
Quote:
What if I delete the files that are on the external hard drive??

I have the same files on a usb san disk 3.0 thumbnail minus the crazy instructions.

The book files on the san disk open in PDF with Mozilla.
I'm not sure what the heck you're trying to do.

You have 25 pdf files on a USB drive you want to transfer over to the PC?
Try to describe succinctly what you are trying to do and the problem you are running into.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:23 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,486,753 times
I have 25 individual PDF files on a 3.0 san disk USb that I insert into my computer tower USB slot.

I want to copy each PDF file that opens online with Mozilla.

I want the USB san disk 3.0 thing to keep the book files on it.

Thyank you!

Old 11-29-2016, 08:27 PM

I have done nothing yet.

I need to edit the books first. Then send each PDF file to Sir Speedy.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I have 25 individual PDF files on a 3.0 san disk USb that I insert into my computer tower USB slot.

I want to copy each PDF file that opens online with Mozilla.

I want the USB san disk 3.0 thing to keep the book files on it.

Thyank you!
Copy and do what with them? Make a duplicate file on the USB drive? Move them off the USB drive to the PC?

Quote:
I have done nothing yet.

I need to edit the books first. Then send each PDF file to Sir Speedy.

To edit pdf files then you'll need Acrobat DC (paid cloud service but you can get a free 7-day trial).

Old 11-30-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Copy and do what with them? Make a duplicate file on the USB drive? Move them off the USB drive to the PC?

The former owner had multiple copies, even one USB san disk in his banks safety deposit box.
He told me to make copies for obvious reasons. There are 25 books and what a hassle if any got deleted...

I need to make copies for emailing to Sir Speedy also, to print more books.

To edit pdf files then you'll need Acrobat DC (paid cloud service but you can get a free 7-day trial).
Thank you. I downloaded it and I was able to edit the addresses inside 3 of the books.

However, If I take the USB stick out of my computer tower, I cannot open the books that I saved in Adobe DC.

I pulled an all niter, too much caffeine yesterday.

I downloaded Tori web browser and tails per instructions in my external hard drive book files.

My USB san disk with all the original book files is in my fire safe, for now.

Wheeeee Here I go trying to do this.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,101,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Um, no, SanDisk SecureAccess has nothing to do with this.
Since OP doesn't respond/address any of the questions and clarify what she's doing and seeing, she risks spreading the infection... especially since she lacks the knowledge.
I think the main problem here, is that the OP lacks the knowledge/words to provide us with the necessary information that will accurately depict his/her real issues, in a manner that we can interpret. I've run into this many times, when people don't know how to accurately describe what they see in a way that can be understood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers