Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 03:29 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,780,705 times

Advertisements

I've got an HP Surface Pro 4 and a Toshiba laptop, both of which have Windows 10 operating systems. I primarily use the Surface Pro as a Kindle book reader, but, when I travel, take the SP and keyboard because it is lighter, easier to handle and has a longer battery life --- and can be used as both a computer and a tablet-reader or streaming device.

OTOH, my HP laptop (17") is too large, cumbersome and has too short a battery-life to function well as a mobile tablet-reader ...plus I prefer a tactile keyboard to screen-based for writing and other computing. Switching back and forth between the tablet/desktop mode on my SP is only a 'click' away. My files are all available between the two devices in the cloud; and I've got my Office 365 Apps on both.

If I needed to settle on one device, it would probably be the SP with keyboard, but, for now, the pair work well for me. (I'm not a big IPhone user, although I realize some of these functions could be accomplished there.)

Last edited by jghorton; 03-22-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 07:35 AM

16,496 posts, read 19,553,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelyvier View Post
It's an acer and it looks like the pic I linked minus the taskview in tablet mode.
So I was right then? Oh goody! Let me pat myself on the back too!!!

I won't insult you by telling you how to get rid of the TASKVIEW button then if you don't want it.
Because of course you already know how to get rid of it.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:41 PM

16,496 posts, read 19,553,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelyvier View Post
You sound like only a genius can remove a taskview button or something. What the hell.
sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;

Quote:
And no you are not right partially coz your other brand laptop does not behave like my dell or the acer. I win!
Yea, it does. So do the 35 laptops I support at work.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:15 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,570,806 times
We have to win here? Damn! What's the prize? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers