Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 09:31 AM

82 posts, read 84,106 times

Advertisements

When I click windows and L, the screen display shows different pictures. I see one now that I want to keep and always use until I change it to another one. How do I do that? I want to save all of these pictures and change the order they are used, etc... How do I do this? I have Windows 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 01:12 PM

6,665 posts, read 7,419,199 times
Do not know but this may get you started
Click on the windows gear to open settings
Select Personalization
Take a look at each option

Old 06-07-2023, 11:28 AM

8,443 posts, read 13,571,074 times
Windows Key + i
Accounts
Your Info
Attached Thumbnails
How do I keep the same pictures and save?-profile-picture.jpg  

Old 06-08-2023, 01:26 AM

62,215 posts, read 88,113,858 times
You meant the Windows screensavers/spotlight images? I think there is a small pop-up on the right top of the screen that asks you if you like what you see (a part of personalization). When you click on it then you will be redirected to the website that features that picture.

Try this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-1942c02d0d9d
Or this (whichever is easier)
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-sav...ight-pictures/

Last edited by elnina; 06-08-2023 at 01:38 AM..

Old 06-08-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You meant the Windows screensavers/spotlight images? I think there is a small pop-up on the right top of the screen that asks you if you like what you see (a part of personalization). When you click on it then you will be redirected to the website that features that picture.

Try this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-1942c02d0d9d
Or this (whichever is easier)
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-sav...ight-pictures/
Oh, I think you and rjm was right, I misunderstood when he used Windows Key + L plus "picture".

I thought he meant the account picture but I think he actually meant the background picture on the login/lock screen.

So, Windows + i then Personalization then Lock Screen is where he needs to do the changes.

Old 06-08-2023, 02:43 PM

16,620 posts, read 19,863,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
So, Windows + i then Personalization then Lock Screen is where he needs to do the changes.

No. El is correct. If you go to where you are saying it just gives you the option to choose either a picture you already have, nothing, a solid color, or Windows Spotlight which rotates pictures daily. You cannot set a Spotlight picture here to be permanent.

As El said, those photos are clickable. When you click them it opens a webpage to tell you about the picture. There you might be able to download or otherwise set it as wallpaper.

This must be one hell of a picture. (Teasing, I know there are some really great ones).

Personally I'd click the thing, then Edge will open with info about it. Then I'd Google the thing like so: "Thing PC wallpaper" and find it that way.

And I'm guessing at this point OP's picture has already changed and the one he/she wanted is now gone.

Old 06-08-2023, 03:41 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,537,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojka View Post
When I click windows and L, the screen display shows different pictures. I see one now that I want to keep and always use until I change it to another one. How do I do that? I want to save all of these pictures and change the order they are used, etc... How do I do this? I have Windows 10.
This may help.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change...ws-10-desktop/

Old 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM

I looked at el nina's links (dayum, those instructions are overwhelming for such a relatively simple thing).

I guess I misunderstood because that is all I did in the "Lock Screen" (see my screenshot) and the selected image was the only image displayed as background on Lock Screen and never changed because the mode was "Picture" not "Slideshow".
Attached Thumbnails
How do I keep the same pictures and save?-personalization-lock-screen-focused.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers