Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

newegg.com is awesome. Ive also heard lots of good things about tiger direct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
newegg.com is awesome. Ive also heard lots of good things about tiger direct.
I've purchased stuff from a number of places, but I tend to prefer Newegg, Tiger, Buy.Com, CyberGuys, and compgeeks.

I've also picked up several systems and many parts on eBay, but you need to be a little more aware about what you're doing on eBay, I think.

Pricewatch and StreetPrices might still be useful resources, too, though I find I just use Google a lot these days.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:06 AM

258 posts, read 443,271 times
Newegg and tiger direct have the best prices and fastest shipping.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,720 times
I love Mwave for building a new computer. You select the components you want and for a relatively small fee, they'll build and test it for you. They do an excellent job.
I've always been happy with newegg and geeks.com. Geeks are one of the oldest internet computer stores.
I've also had good service from Tiger Direct in the last year. There were a couple of items I needed and had to get them cheap, and Tiger Direct had them at the right price. I'd heard bad things about them in the past, but I had no problem at all with them.
For Software, check out Viosoftware.com
They don't have everything, but their prices can be very good, have a lot of OEM, and they are totally legit. I've ordered a lot from them over quite a few years now.
For cables, cablesforless.com Just got some new DSL from them. Much, much cheaper than other places and very high quality.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 PM

96 posts, read 130,574 times
I want to add monoprice.com for cables and such to this thread. dirt cheap, high quality.

they are my newegg of cables.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:39 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
I found this company while looking for MS Office 2003 for a client. Thought I should pass it along.

OutletDeal.com - Buy Cheap Software Online, Discount Prices on Retail, OEM, Licenses, Windows XP, Vista, Home, Professional, SQL, Server, Office 2003, Office 2007, Visual Studio, Visio, Mac Software, Adobe, Acrobat, Creative Suite, CS4, Photoshop, Il

Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
I want to add monoprice.com for cables and such to this thread. dirt cheap, high quality.

what about battdepot.com for 'aftermarket' batteries and adapters. are they good? i have no clue what 'aftermarket' means

Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post

Monoprice.com gets my vote also - excellent quality @ at good price & fast service.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:18 AM

696 posts, read 1,726,584 times
While I use newegg.com very often, mostly because of the search ability of their site.

I use a smaller place in Houston. Order at 4pm and on my doorstop in Nebraska in two days once in a while three days.

Directron-Best Discount Computer Super Store-CPU Computer Parts Cases PC Hardware Software Power Supply Houston Motherboards Hard Drives Network Memory Repair Used Texas Compare Lowest Prices Cheapest Reviews Guide

Oh yeah tigerdirect's rebate on everything.
Rebates are like birthday cards, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 AM

351 posts, read 975,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, I want to replace my 2002 desktop computer with a more up to date model. What site on the internet would buy a computer from?

Thanks, John.
There are gobs of online businesses out there that provide discounted prices. Figure out your price range and compare to get the most bang for your buck. Stick with a reputable business, look for customer reviews on their site, and avoid generic or no-name-brand hardware. Also look for warranty service and other guarantees. The big-box online sellers are TigerDirect, NewEgg, Best Buy, and Amazon, but you can also get deals on Ebay, Overstock, and others. Also compare with online prices of major computer brand websites: Dell, HP, Asus, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers