Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
A thought - Different MBs need different juice. Are you sure the new battery is pumping enough juice required by the MB?
I'm rather curious as to where this new battery comes in as well That is a part of your post being questioned as it makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
I know from experience that connecting all those small pin connectors, those real small four female pin guys hanging off the power supply which plug into the MB proper
Chill dude those "don't" hang off the power supply, as you stated. So my assumption is, based on that statement, that you don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps proof reading would present you in a better light.

And the "new battery is pumping enough juice " statement

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'm rather curious as to where this new battery comes in as well That is a part of your post being questioned as it makes no sense.
Context baby, context. OP was talking about someone swapping his battery out. Funny, I almost did it again. Power supply. Context.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Chill dude those "don't" hang off the power supply, as you stated. So my assumption is, based on that statement, that you don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps proof reading would present you in a better light.

And the "new battery is pumping enough juice " statement
Your first point I addressed right above answering DHDave, context.

Next, I asked in a previous post that you don't jump on me for a mistake. I corrected myself and specified the wires that come from the power button of the tower which connect into MB to check them.

I'm trying to be helpful here.

You are just power tripping. How many other people do you jump on and attack? Bully like. You live for this? Have you actually given any advice in this thread yet? Did you just come back to this thread attack me? Looks like it. Do you troll the boards for loose arguemnets to feel intellectually superiur? Did I make a spelling mistake? Call me out to feel Better.

There are ways to ask someone to clarify, to refine or correct their point. Politely.

A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, BBA/CIS - btw.

And I'll be sure to hire an editor before my next post! Lol. You guys are ridicules. Gimme a break of that kitkat bar. Stop busting people's balls for trying to be helpful.

Last edited by mossomo; 05-14-2009 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: oh no - they found another spellng mistake

Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Context baby, context. OP was talking about someone swapping his battery out. Funny, I almost did it again. Power supply. Context.
Yes, power supply. But the first sentence of your post you say battery, the next you say power supply. It made no sense, how are we to know that when you say battery we should read it as power supply?

Ashville does go a bit overboard at times.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,483 times
Quote:
Your first point I addressed right above answering DHDave, context.

Next, I asked in a previous post that you don't jump on me for a mistake. I corrected myself and specified the wires that come from the power button of the tower which connect into MB to check them.

I'm trying to be helpful here.
well if its at any help, i am always getting attacked on how i favor vista over xp....

Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
the board is shot! they confessed to seeing a spark.
Sounds like they plugged the power supply into the wall before they tried to hook it up to the system board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers