Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times

Advertisements

I have a question about where to plug in my Headsets that i'm going to purchase because i just downloaded Skype so i can talk with others online. So i have 2 USB Ports on the back of my computer where my Keyboard plug's in one slot and my Mouse plug's in the other slot.

So when i recieve my Headsets where will i plug it in ? Will i remove either the Keyboard or Mouse USB and plug my Headsets in one of those two places?

Thankyou !!
6/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 AM

652 posts, read 1,785,738 times
rut ro!?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I have a question about where to plug in my Headsets that i'm going to purchase because i just downloaded Skype so i can talk with others online. So i have 2 USB Ports on the back of my computer where my Keyboard plug's in one slot and my Mouse plug's in the other slot.

So when i recieve my Headsets where will i plug it in ? Will i remove either the Keyboard or Mouse USB and plug my Headsets in one of those two places?

Thankyou !!
6/3
Are you sure your headphones will be USB?
Is there not a specific port for a headphone jack?

If you have to use USB and only have the two USB ports available, buy a USB hub to add more ports.
Cheap and easy.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Are you sure your headphones will be USB?
Is there not a specific port for a headphone jack?

If you have to use USB and only have the two USB ports available, buy a USB hub to add more ports.
Cheap and easy.
O.K. i think i'm figuring out what's going on. When i bought my Dell computer (Monitor) i purchased it used but the Keyboard and Mouse are the ''Logtech'' brand so i wonder if the original Dell Keyboard and Mouse plugged into the circular slots just above the 2 USB Slots.

Is this making any sense ?

Old 06-28-2009, 12:25 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,887 times
Quote:
O.K. i think i'm figuring out what's going on. When i bought my Dell computer (Monitor) i purchased it used but the Keyboard and Mouse are the ''Logtech'' brand so i wonder if the original Dell Keyboard and Mouse plugged into the circular slots just above the 2 USB Slots.

Is this making any sense ?
Are the circular ports green and purple? Those are ps2 slots for keyboard and mouse so you are probably correct.

ps2 ports: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Ports_ATX.jpg

Last edited by J Arp; 06-28-2009 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
Are the circular ports green and purple? Those are ps2 slots for keyboard and mouse so you are probably correct.
They sure are purple and green . So then i guess either i can purchase a Dell keyboard and mouse to free up the two USB slots or purchase a USB Hub like Mike J stated correct?

Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,887 times
Quote:
They sure are purple and green . So then i guess either i can purchase a Dell keyboard and mouse to free up the two USB slots or purchase a USB Hub like Mike J stated correct?
Doesn't have to be Dell brand. ps2 is a standard so lots of companies have manufactured ps2 keyboards and mice.

The USB hub would be pretty useful and I bet you will have a hard time outright purchasing ps2 keyboard/mice unless you have some sort of second hand antique store that occasionally gets computer parts. Maybe a local mom and pop shop would have some ps2 stuff they would just give you.

Or you could buy USB to PS2 adapters....which just feels wrong to me.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
Doesn't have to be Dell brand. ps2 is a standard so lots of companies have manufactured ps2 keyboards and mice.

The USB hub would be pretty useful and I bet you will have a hard time outright purchasing ps2 keyboard/mice unless you have some sort of second hand antique store that occasionally gets computer parts. Maybe a local mom and pop shop would have some ps2 stuff they would just give you.

Or you could buy USB to PS2 adapters....which just feels wrong to me.
So i guess i'll just purchase the USB Hub like Mike J suggested. Thanks to all who answered as i really appreciate it !!

6/3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers