Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 01:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

I have a Dell s2009wb external monitor hooked up to my Toshiba A135-S4427. I can get both screens working easily, but the external won't go into full screen. "Maintain aspect ratio" actually looks better with a black boarder only at the top and bottom. The full screen hangs to the right with a black on thee sides. Since this is a wide screen, I'm also seeing quite a bit of stretching that I would like to get rid of.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

eta:

I just found the fix and will put it here so I don't forget. I made sure to update drivers for the monitor and notebook. That took a while, but I was able to do it via windows update. It didn't work from the Dell site.

Make the external monitor primary. Right click on screen --> personalize-->Display settings. There will be a drop down menu, choose 2. that lists external monitor. Click 'main monitor' and extend to computer. Set resolution to high -> click apply-> ok.

I wasn't able to apply earlier or lick main monitor. I guess thas was a driver issue?

Last edited by Braunwyn; 04-18-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
..... I wasn't able to apply earlier or lick main monitor. I guess thas was a driver issue?
I hope nobody was around to see that happen!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I hope nobody was around to see that happen!
LOL! Ahh, it's too bad we can't go back and edit. Click! Click!, tho, my dog would probably lick the monitor. I saw her licking the front window this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers